Sausage and egg pie.

bigred6, Oct 8, 12:14am
My friend used to make a lovelysausage pie. Sausage meat on the bottom of the dish and a mixture of egg and other ingredients on the top. Unfortunately, she passed away and I never got the recipe. I think it had cheese on the top. Has anyone got the recipe please!!

indy95, Oct 8, 1:00am
Bigred6, I have bumped up a thread which has many ideas for sausagemeat pie fillings. You can get as creative as you like, really because apart from the sausagemeat just about anything goes.

gardie, Oct 8, 4:12am
Yum - what I do is just spread sausage ment onto the bottom of a casserole dish and then make a no-base quiche recipe up and place that on the top.You could 'squeeze' finely chopped onion though the sausage meet first, but I don't think it really needs it.

juliewn, Oct 8, 4:22am
Hi..

I make something similar.. pastry over the bottom and sides of an ovenproof dish.. over this in layers I add chopped onion (add peas (still frozen is fine), sliced tomato, etc.., then sausage meat.. then make slight hollows in the sausage meat and break an egg into each so they're then evenly spread over the sausage meat.. top with sliced tomatoes if you want, then some grated cheese with dried breadcrumbs sprinkled over them - this gives a crunchy top.. bake at 180°C.. check to see if it's cooked after 30 minutes and leave longer if needed..

And enjoy..

bigred6, May 15, 11:12am
Thank you all for your help.