Fried Rice

ridgeline, Sep 12, 9:37am
What is the best way in your opinion to cook rice, boiling time, method etc before refridgerating and preparing a fried rice meal in a wok

fifie, Sep 12, 10:41am
My way cooked on gas, and i see a few chefs on tv do this also. Put long grain rice in a sieve and wash well with cold water to get rid of the starch so rice dosen't go all yukky and stick together when cooked. Put in a sauce pan and just cover rice about 1/2-1 inch with boiling water. Bring to the boil and boil about 5 minutes till water starts to evaporate. Turn heat off, lid on and steam cook, water will slowly evaporate, fluff it with a fork a couple of times, to seperate grains. When you go to make your fried rice fluff it up again and place it into your wok, perfect seperate rice grains every time. and i don't need to refridgerate it at all but i know some people do overnight..

fee1965, Mar 14, 5:43pm
Why would anyone bother with all the fuss, rice cookers are about $24 and the rice comes out perfect EVERY time!Once cooked I spread mine out on a tray and freeze for 15 mins til cold, then do my fried rice.
Secret ti good fried rice (if you don't already know) is use peanut oil.