Banoffee pie

justdelite, Jul 21, 8:03pm
Has anyone got the recipe (I did look at old threads) for one that you just bang together and put in the fridge? We have a friend who used to come to our place with the ingredients and put it together while we had a wine in the kitchen and it was always yummy but she is in Aussie now and I want to get the ingredients today. Or isnt it as nice as one where you cook the condensed milk?

pam.delilah, Jul 21, 8:36pm
is it this one? . you are still 'cooking' the condensed milk, when you make the caramel part of it.

Banoffee pie

Crush 250g gingernuts/malt /winebiscuits in the food processor combine with 150g melted butter and press into a flan tin.
While refrigerating until firm prepare the topping.
Combine 125g butter, 1 tin sweetened condensed milk, and 2 tbsp golden syrup.
Stir over med heat until boiling, stir constantly 5 more minutes.
Spread over base. Refrig for 30 mins or until firm.
Slice 2 bananas and put over caramel.
Spread over 300ml whipped cream and any remaining banana, decorate with a crumbled flake.

waswoods, Jul 21, 10:00pm
Just buy a tin of caramel from the supermarket

245sam, Jul 21, 10:06pm
justdelite, I make individual banoffe pies using little loose-bottomed tart tins and fleur's recipe at:-

http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/forum/read. php? 3, 154538, 154543#m
sg-154543

I make as stated in the recipe except that I do not bake the crust - skipping that step always works well for me but I've only ever made the individual banoffee pies.

Hope that helps. :-))

pheebs1, Jul 21, 10:21pm
i must say i have bought the caramel in a tin and been really dissapointed its kinda fake tasting
id go for the boiling the can of original condensed recipe
real caramel yum

justdelite, Jul 21, 11:12pm
Wow thanks so much thats awesome! I just love you ladies - my husband never cooks though these days as he says my cooking is so good he never has to be in the kitchen!

farrar30, Jul 22, 3:31am
I use chocolate thins as my base and I buy the caramel. I find this is a quick yummy dessert thats always a hit. I crumble a flake on top too.

msmac, Jul 22, 4:29am
I always put the bananas under the caramel - stops them going brown. Also, I add a teaspoon of coffee powder to the cream before I whip it. This gives the cream an almost bitter taste which contrasts perfectly with the very sweet caramel.

we_egg, Jul 22, 4:32am
I do 2 layers of banana... under the caramel and then again on top under the cream. Then I chop up chocolate and sprinkle over the cream... so yum. .

justdelite, Jul 22, 10:14am
Many thanks will do re the bananas I bought a flake which I thought I would crumble over the top of the cream on top. (Is being made tomorrow)

melissaliam, Jul 22, 11:03pm
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

petal1955, Nov 21, 3:09am
This is a Banoffie Pie recipe that I have made and have enjoyed! ! !

BANOFFIE PIE

1 pkt wine biscuits (crushed)

120 grms melted butter

1 tin of Nestle Caramel Condensed Milk

2 bananas sliced

1-2 teaspoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee Powder

2 tablespoons plain yoghurt

200mls whipping cream

Chopped Walnuts and Chocolate Chips/Hail

Crush biscuits and add melted butter. Mix and place in a loose bottom pie plate and cook( 350F-180C) for 15-20 mins. Cool, then chill in fridge.

Spread on Caramel Condensed Milk and then add sliced bananas.

Whip together cream sugar and coffee powder and when cream is stiff - FOLD in yoghurt.

Spread over bananas and smooth the top. Decorate with walnuts and chocolate.