Evaporated Milk

hazelwood47, May 1, 4:24am
I put a can of evaporated milk and a powdered chicken korma and chicken into slow cook and it looks like a curdled mess can I do anything to save it?

ange164, May 1, 4:32am
Until an expert comes in, I'd separate the lumps of food from the liquid and, mix liquid with a slurry of flour or cornflour, and milk or water. I'd run a stick blender through it to blend the lumps out, or put it in the blender, or whisk it like mad with a whisk. The cornflour or flour slurry should then stabilise it and stop it from separating/curdling again. Hope I make sense. Then put yr chicken/chunky bits back into their now hopefully smooth gravy/sauce.

hazelwood47, May 1, 5:32am
Thanks ange I will try that.

hazelwood47, May 1, 6:09am
Ok Ange you won't believe this but I was pulling down a glass bowl from my cupboard which dropped out of my hands and fell onto the slow cooker which cracked a huge piece off, so I have now stuffed my slow cooker and got a horrible curry for dinner.

ange164, May 1, 7:32am
awww, sorry that happened to you.

sylvia, May 1, 7:44am
For anyone interested in recipes for slow cookers there's an amazing website at slowcookercentral.com and they also have a facebook page. I am getting loads of inspiration from these tried and tested and reviewed easy recipes.

hazelwood47, May 3, 12:34am
Thanks Sylvia but I don't have a slow cooker any longer.

ange164, Sep 27, 4:52pm
When I cracked the bowl in mine, I got another bowl from off trademe for $7. I doubted I'd find one since its a 7L, but was thrilled to get it in a town where I could have a friend pick it up for me.