4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup melted butter or mixture of the two
1 cup milk with a little lemon juice added
1/2 tspn grated lemon rind
2 tbspns brown sugar
3 cups self raising flour
1 cup grated coconut, fresh or desiccated
1 level tspn vanilla essence

Mix all together till smooth - if mixture too wet add a little flour, if too dry, add a little milk (typical raro cooking LOL) This mix should be pourable. Let mixture rest for half an hour at least.

Quotearcane1315 (5 ) 5:14 am, Wed 22 Feb #5

Quotebev00 (1723 ) 12:01 am

rainrain1, Feb 23, 5:51pm
scrambled eggs for lunch

bev00, Apr 6, 1:28pm
I take it you mean baked goods that are suitable for morning or afternoon tea, rather than main courses. This is very versatile.

Bacon and Egg Slab

4 - 5 servings
150g chopped bacon, fried until fat runs
100g chopped mushrooms
200g cooked spinach, chopped and well drained
60g parmesan or tasty cheddar, grated
10 eggs
Pepper
Salt

120g thinly sliced tomato

Line a cake tin or baking dish with non stick paper, then spread over bacon and mushrooms (this also helps to hold the sides of the paper out).
Put the eggs into a bowl and mix to combine yolks and whites, then add salt and pepper, spinach and cheese.
Mix well, then pour over bacon and mushrooms.
Spread out, arrange sliced tomato on top
Bake 180g in pre-heated oven until just set.

This reheats well and is nice cold

Variations

Ham and asparagus with gruyere or blue cheese

Hot-smoked salmon, feta and spinach with a little mint or oregano

Quotedavidt4 (216 ) 11:12 am, Fri 5 Apr #2

bev00, Apr 6, 1:35pm
Jalapeno & Parmesan Muffins

Ingredients

1 tbsp chopped jalapenos
4 chopped spring onions
100g parmesan
200g SR flour
4 eggs
50g Ghee
Garlic
100ml cream

Method

Pre heat oven to 180º
Melt ghee
Chop spring onion, garlic and jalapenos and add to melted ghee
Grate parmesan
Add eggs to bowl and whisk then add 100ml cream, add parmesan cheese
Remove spring onions etc from heat and allow to cool
Add flour slowly and mix
Add spring onion etc and mix
Put in muffin tin and cook for 10-12mins

Quotemotorbo (177 ) 10:33 pm, Sat 30 Mar #38

toadfish, Apr 6, 7:52pm
Leek & Potato Frittata
1 leek
2 Large Potatoes
1T Olive oil
4 Rashers Bacon
8 Eggs
Salt & Pepper

Cut the leeks in half - wash them and slice them (about 5mm slices)
Cube the 2 potato's into 1cm cubes
Slice the bacon.
Gently fry all of the above in the 1T olive oil until potatoes almost cooked

I transferred the above mx into my square silicone baker. Beat up the eggs with some salt and pepper - poured over the mix. Sprinkled with some grated cheese (and I also added some pumpkin, sunflower & sesame seeds - you could miss these out but I had some in the pantry and they give the top a lovely flavour - And make it look like "café" food)

It was delicious - even meat & 3 veg hubby liked it.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 6, 8:17pm
I've got a dozen quail eggs to do something with. Any suggestions other than hard-boiling them?

jag5, Apr 6, 9:11pm
Eggs freeze quite well. break into patty pans and freeze individually. once frozen. bag up. Will keep well for about 3 months. Defrost and use as normal

toadfish, Apr 6, 9:29pm
I have 4 chickens scratching around my garden and they are oblivious to the Leek and Potato bake (incl 8 eggs) that I have just made.

toadfish, Apr 6, 9:31pm

davidt4, Apr 6, 9:33pm
Fry them whole in olive oil, add to a little composed salad of soft herbs and young lettuce (some fried pancetta would be good here, or some smoked salmon). Don't boil them as they are almost impossible to shell cleanly.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 6, 9:37pm
Delicious! Thanks for your ideas everyone.

bev00, Apr 7, 10:04am
too good to lose

mazzy1, Apr 7, 10:21am
Whisk 8 eggs, add chopped tomato, chopped bacon, garlic chives, parsley, a tsp Colemans mustard and cracked black pepper. Grate a little parmesan on top then ladle into large greased muffin pans and bake at 180C for around 25 - 30 mins. Yum! That was brunch this morning served on mesclun with a dollop of chutney and caramelised onions, and the rest have been refrigerated for lunch/snacks for Tuesday.

hotpants2009, Apr 21, 2:10am
i have that many eggs here about 30 and need to use them any good recipes that have eggs in them?

uli, Apr 21, 3:21am
Well what can I add that 245sam has not copied from me already LOL :)

gregg74, Apr 21, 3:25am

rainrain1, Apr 21, 3:40am

pickles7, Apr 21, 3:43am
speed up. uli

macandrosie, May 4, 9:21am
Well I just made my son & his mates a large bacon & egg pie for the weekend [it being Ducking Shooting!] that used up a dozen eggs! I like to see them eating plenty!

bev00, May 10, 10:53am
I use nigella lawsons recipe. I makes a large one one. I use a 34 x 23 cm tin.

375g good quality dark choc
375g unsalted butter. (if using salted butter, leave the salt out)

Melt them together in a pot on slow heat. Then cool.

6 eggs
350g castor sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 tsp salt

Beat together then add the choc mixture and combine till well mixed.

225g plain flour
250g white choc chips

Add flour and mix in then fold in choc chips.

Make sure your tin in lined then pour in. bake at 150c (reduce by 10 deg if fan forced) and bake for an hour. when cooked mixture should still be gooey but not wobble in the middle when you shake the tin.

Quotemarcs (52 ) 5:10 pm,

bev00, Oct 8, 10:34am
Onion and Herb Frittata
3 TBLSP olive oil
2 onions thinly sliced
8 eggs
1 tsp salt
ground black pepper to taste
4 medium potatoes peeled and boiled in salted water for 5 minutes
2 TBLSP finely chopped parsley leaves
Heat 2 TBLSP of the olive oil in a large frypan, add onions and cook over gentle heat until softened but not browned (about 8 min). In large bowl whisk eggs with salt and pepper, cut cooled potatoes into 1/2 cm thin slices and stir into the egg with onions and parsley, make sure all the potato slices are separated and coated with egg.
Heat remaining oil in frypan used for onions, add egg mixture, as the base begins to cook, use spatula to lift it in several places allowing raw egg to run underneath. Once it starts to set, leave it to cook over a very low heat until just set through (about 12 mins). Don't be tempted to turn up the heat. Place under a preheated grill until the top is set and golden (about 5 - 6 mins) or run a knife around the edge to loosen, flip onto a plate then slide back into the pan to cook through, test by gently pressing the centre - if it bounces back it is done. Cool 5 min. before turning out onto a plate, eat hot or at room temperature.

Quotesooseque (757 ) 3:21 pm,

kob, Oct 8, 6:21pm
eggs can be frozen fresh, check here for the complete instructions, it even gives you a inside view of a frozen fresh uncooked egg. Its at the bottom of the page.
http://trinasbeautifulbudgetingbasics.blogspot.com/2013/09/top-ten-tips-to-budgeting-2-preserving.html

jobb, Oct 8, 6:25pm
frozen egg whites make great pavs and the yolks could be used to make custards or curds, for no wastage.

rainrain1, Oct 8, 7:24pm
Annabel Langbeins big beautiful B & E pie. it uses heaps of eggs

Give them away, I enjoy doing that

demo9, Oct 8, 10:00pm
Yummy pavalova