Almond Butter.

Page 1 / 2
catz21, Sep 30, 7:08pm
Has anyone seen this product in any of the super Markets? I have only looked in Countdown but it may be somewhere else?

wineo, Sep 30, 8:20pm
New World Albany has Pics Almond Butter and the Auckland distributor will be at Coatesville Market this Sunday, with
the product so you can try before you buy

timturtle, Sep 30, 8:34pm
Countdown in Chch has it,

http://shop.countdown.co.nz/#url=/Shop/SearchProducts%3Fsearch%3DALMOND%2BBUTTER

I cant remember which section tho, Ive seen it in al countdowns here

leaf76, Sep 30, 9:05pm
Can make your own aswell:)

catz21, Sep 30, 10:42pm
Yes, I was thinking that but I don't have a food processor to chop up the almonds. I looked at Google but would need one for my own recipe.

catz21, Sep 30, 10:45pm
I will have another look at my local countdown. It may be in the 'specialty section'. Wish I had known it was at New World in Albany. Was just there yesterday. Thanks everyone! :)

floydandu2, Sep 30, 11:13pm
Pics almond butter is available in a couple of places, but fairly limited quantities.
Now their CASHEW butter is delicious, but you have to go to the factory in Nelson to get it. I buy every time I go down there.

245sam, Sep 30, 11:19pm
I too have seen Almond Butter, along with other nut butters, in both Countdown and New World. Different supermarkets seem to have the products in different places but catz21 IMO the first place to look would be as you have suggested at #6 (in the 'specialty section') which I take it to mean where one would find GF and other alternative foods, then of course the next obvious place IMO would be where the peanut butters are and. I think that is where our local New World has its very good range of nut butters.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll find it in one of the supermarkets and failing that, have you thought of trying your nearest health food shop? :-))

wineo, Oct 1, 3:36am
You will be able to buy both Cashew Butter and Almond butter from the Pics stall at Coatesville Market this Sunday

bedazzledjewels, Oct 1, 3:55am
At Countdown, Pics almond butter is with their peanut butter. Ceres almond butter is in the health foods section. Quite pricey but delicious.

catz21, Oct 1, 5:39am
Thanks so much. will check it out tomorrow then

nauru, Oct 1, 6:59am
Well worth investing in a small processor to make your own nut butters. The one that I use is a stick blender which comes with a small processor bowl, great little machine.

sticky232, Oct 1, 7:17am
What would you use almond butter for

sue193, Oct 1, 7:34am
Baking, or to have on toast or mix it into a smoothie, I love it spread on a banana.

awoftam, Oct 1, 7:40am
I have one of those. Love it. Amazing what can be made in it as well. Brilliant.

rarogal, Oct 1, 8:31am
Was in with other spreads at NW, at $12plus!

catz21, Oct 1, 7:45pm
In my Mediterrean cook book, says to spread it on celery and add raisins/walnuts as a snack. probably could use any low fat butter but wanted to give this one a go.

nauru, Oct 1, 10:50pm
Yes, I agree, wouldn't be without mine, I use it more than my larger processor too.

nauru, Oct 1, 10:51pm
It's works out much cheaper to make your own.

eljayv, Oct 2, 1:56am
Which one do you have please ? I have one with my very old bamix but I don't think it is powerful enough to make almond butter. I do like the idea of making it in small quantities.

sampa, Oct 2, 2:38am
Large processor just sits around gathering dust here - little red one is my fav and in constant use. I have the stick one too which I've taken away with me with the various other accessories it came with. Both good but I'd particularly replace the mini one ASAP if it broke down. So handy and easy to clean too. :)

nauru, Oct 2, 8:37am
Hi eljayv, it's a Kambrook brand (link below for model). Not in the same league as the Bamix as it's only 250W but I've found it very good for a such a reasonably priced item. I've had it a number of years now and it's still going strong.
http://www.kambrook.co.nz/essentials-stick-mixer.html

catz21, Oct 2, 6:58pm
Yay. bought a jar yesterday. Nut Brothers. NZ made so that's good. Wasn't cheap but delish :)

eljayv, Oct 2, 7:16pm
Thanks Nauru, it is probably all I need my old Bamix is not in the league of the later ones being only 140w. :))
Guess it's time I updated a few items here

sunnyflower, Sep 22, 10:54am
you can make your own just put some almonds in a food processor and turn on keep going until the nuts release their oil store in a sterilised jar