Where to buy bulk lima beans?

hezwez, Jun 7, 4:08am
It's ages since I've seen them, even canned. TIA

245sam, Jun 7, 4:16am
hezwez, do you have a Bin Inn nearby? That's where I have seen (and bought) Lima Beans.

Hope that helps. :-))

kay141, Jun 7, 4:17am

hezwez, Jun 7, 4:21am
Great thank you both so much. My husband has a yearning.

frances1266, Jun 7, 6:29am
I love lima beans. Last saw them in the Bin Inn. What recipes do you have for lima beans.

fishplants, Jun 7, 6:48am
Nearly all varieties of dried beans on earth can be bought from Bin Inn - they all come from China nowadays - and some are even called "organic".

hezwez, Jun 7, 9:43am
I haven't a recipe Frances, can you suggest one? I was just going to soak, cook, caramelize some onions and cook in stock with chopped vegies and thicken so it's like a rich gravy type stew.

fishplants, Jun 8, 1:38am
Mediterranean Vegetables: A Cook's ABC of Vegetables and Their Preparation has a great Greek recipe for Lima beans.

See here:
http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/2001/medveg/lima.html

frances1266, Jun 8, 2:55am
Hezwez - this is how I like lima beans. Smash them down just a little, fry in a little olive oil, add crushed garlic, parsley, s&p. Lemon rind and juice is nice added to them for a change. They are nice when they go slightly crispy.
Succotash is a lima bean recipe that sounds nice. I cook them and find it hard to stop eating as is. Havent had them for a while so must buy some more myself, they are delicious.

hezwez, Jun 12, 6:46pm
Thanks Frances looks good, I'll try that.