***Gluten free pastry***

standard, Apr 1, 6:13am
Is it possible to buy this product anywhere!
Thanks

chatsmom, Apr 1, 6:50am
Yes, new world stores stock it as to speciality gluten free stores.
Ring them and ask.

geldof, Apr 1, 7:15am
Lots of supermarkets stock a GF flakey pastry.
I don't like it at all.It's tough.

Our Bin Inn and organics store sells some nice ones though.I can't remember the brand.It's an Auckland company I think.

fishnwally, Apr 1, 9:07pm
You can make your own gluten free pastry, here is the recipe for standard pastry, I have used this recipe several times and the family loves it better than the brought pastry.

STANDARD PASTRY
1 egg
1 cup water
100g butter
3 1/3 cup Bakels Gluten Free Health Pastry Mix

Place Bakels Gluten Free Health Pastry Mix into a large bowl and cut in butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Mix together water and egg and pour into dry mix. Mix together until dough forms. Turn out onto bench and knead to a stiff dough. Chill overnight for best results. Roll to desired thickness. For pie tops, give pastry a book fold. Cold fillings are recommended. Ideal for family pies, sausage rolls, turnovers or cheese sticks.

New World stocks both Gluten Pastry's, haven't personally tried the flaky pastry, but do recommend the other one which I can not remember its name. The brand name from memory is Pavillion.

mica3, Apr 2, 5:30am
everything fishnwally saidand the brand name is Pavillon and Countdown stock it. Cant tell what it tastes like as my family used it while I was away on holiday and I am the GF one.
I usually make my own using simialr recipe to above.