Wanted...coffee cake recipe done in kitchen whizz?

mamy, Apr 18, 9:36pm
Just had one at a friends place. Quite big.

cookessentials, May 1, 10:01am
I think there is one in the first few pages of the "cakes" thread

cookessentials, May 1, 10:03am
There is this one, however it is all done in a saucepan. I am sure i have a processor recipe though,
Melt N Mix Coffee Cake 125g butter, chopped;130g brown sugar;75g caster sugar;125ml milk;2 tsp instant coffee;2 eggs;225g s. r flour. Grease a 14x21cm loaf pan, cover base with baking paper. Combine butter, sugar, milk & coffee in med saucepan, stir over low heat, without boiling, until butter is melted. Stand 10 mins. Stir in eggs & flour. Pour into pan. Bake in mod oven about 40 mins. Turn onto rack to cool. Top cold cake with coffee glac'e icing and walnuts if desired.

brianmac (130 )3:53 pm, Mon 17 Jul #20

3jtrader, May 1, 10:57am
I have a coffee cake recipe that's easy and tastes great, but it isn't overly big. I do sometimes double it if I'm feeding a crowd. 75g butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 2tsp baking powder, 2Tbsp instant coffee & 3 eggs. Put everything in the bowl and beat on low until combined, then on high for 3 mins. Pour into one of those tins that makes the hole in the middle of the cake (I never can remember the name! ) and bake for 15-20mins at 190 degrees. It's really nice with thick whipped cream through the middle and coffee icing on top.

charlieb2, Mar 23, 10:05am
The worlds best Coffee Cake…. YUMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2/3 cup canola or rice bran oil
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup yoghurt, plain unsweetened
2 eggs
1 tbsp instant coffee mixed with 1 tbsp boiling water
1 cup walnut pieces
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
Extra 1/3 cup walnut halves, to decorate
COFFEE ICING
75g butter, softened
1 2/3 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water
1. Heat oven to 160°C fan bake. Grease well a 22cm bundt or ring cake tin.
2. Place oil, sugar, yoghurt, eggs and coffee mixture in a bowl. Beat to combine. Fold in the walnuts and sifted flour until just combined.
3. Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in tin, then turn out.
4. Spread top with coffee icing. To make the icing, place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.

Not done in a processor... but easy to make and GORGEOUS