Nice non-alcoholic punch recipe wanted

daleaway, Apr 28, 12:01am
Really simple would be best.
(I have nothing against opening tins and bottles.)

Thank you for your suggestions.

elliehen, Apr 28, 12:08am
.used to have a good recipe but can't put my mouse on it at the moment ;)I do know it had ginger ale in it.

245sam, Apr 28, 12:19am
FRUIT PUNCH
This is an old recipe that Mum frequently made a half quantity of at Christmas time – It can easily be made alcoholic by the addition of a bottle of gin (to the full recipe!) – actually I recall Mum making half of the brew for us “kids” and it was made clear to us that the other half was definitely for the grown-ups only!

2•4 litres (½ gallon) cold tea, strained
900g (2 lbs) sugar
juice of 12 lemons, well strained
2•4 litres (½ gallon) grapefruit juice
2 x 450g (16oz) cans pineapple juice
750 ml fruit cup or mixed fruit juice
1•2 litres (2 pints) lemonade
4•2 litreslitres dry ginger ale

Boil the sugar and strained tea, then allow it to cool.Add the remaining ingredients, adding the, preferably chilled, lemonade and gingerale last.

Hope that helps.:-))

duckmoon, Apr 28, 1:03am
This is the recipe my friend Rachel gave me -hence the name. It has been well circulated on this MB and gets good reviews

Rachel’s Punch
1 litre strong tea
1 cup sugar
1 or 2 cups cordial (lemon, lime or orange) - I use Roses Lime Cordial from the supermarket - put it in undiluted.
3 litres fruit juice (orange, grapefruit, pineapple)
Allow to cool.

3 litres lemonade
3 litres gingerale
TOTAL = 10 litres or 50 glasses

Make the tea, and after about 20 mins pour onto 1 cup sugar, and stir till sugar is dissolved. Add the cordial and fruit juices. Chill this mixture in two containers of equal amounts. When ready pour one container of mixture into punch bowl (or large mixing bowl) adding 1.5L of chilled lemonade and gingerale. Make up the second 'batch' when ready. You could make up the whole amount if you have a large enough bowl/bucket!

duckmoon, Apr 28, 1:04am
Also, I have purchased a bucket for making punch and ginger beer in.
And have written it on the side, so if any one see that I am making their drinks in a bucket, they know if haven't just used it to wash the floors

daleaway, Apr 28, 1:33am
Good idea, Duckmoon - we purchased a white nappy bucket WITH LID especially for making ginger beer in. No flies in it when left overnight.

Some very good ideas here, thank you, keep them coming.
Simpler the better.

neville26, Apr 28, 3:40am
I kind of cheat but it is simple! I buy 3 ltr bottles of tropical punch etc add some orange juice (carton or made up raro ) and add a bottle of gingerale (or lemonade if thats what I have) when its time to serve! Slice some oranges or lemons etc for on top. Always tastes nice and looks good too.

macandrosie, Apr 29, 4:26am
my sister in law gave me punch base recipe, it's nice.
Ruth’s Hawaiian Fruit Punch
1 tin fruit salad
3 ripe bananas
10 mint leaves
Process these 3 ingredients in a blender adding enough orange juice to make 2 litres of fruit pulp.
Pour into an ice cream container & freeze.
On the day you need it, take out & place in a punch bowl, leaving to thaw. Pour over top more orange juice, lemonade &/or ginger ale.

tommydog, Oct 17, 6:11am
600ml apple juice
600ml orange juice
600ml Pineapple juice
250ml Roses Lime Cordial
600ml Gingerale
600ml Lemon & Paeroa
Fresh Mint
Lots of ice

Put it all in a bowl.Ladle into jug top with fresh mint and ice
Makes 3 and a quarter litres.

joanne22, Oct 20, 2:09am
If you have a grapefruit tree, freeze grapefruit juice in a container (margarine size container), put the frozen juice into a punch bowl, add fresh mint, pour in 1.5l lemonade and gingerale.simple and yummy!