Omg how hard is it to find choc cake recipe!

skt01, Mar 27, 2:00am
anyone please have a normal chocolate cake recipe without
Baking Soda
Oil
Yogurt
Self rising flour
Vinegar
whats happened to all the simple normal chocolate cake recipes i remember making years ago only knowing that now i should have kept some or at least one recipe!Please if any one know of a recipe that doesnt have any of the above ingredients in it i would be so very happy thanks

ange164, Mar 27, 2:10am
Edmonds one egg chocolate cake fits your bill. Have you got an edmonds cook book!

skt01, Mar 27, 2:14am
unfortunately i dont have the edmonds cook book i now wish i had i guessing i will have to invest in one thanks

ange164, Mar 27, 2:16am
Will type that out for you

skt01, Mar 27, 2:16am
there use to be a great chocolate cake at the back of the old cocoa powder boxes when they were the orange colour if anyone can remember that recipe i would really love to have that one i think it had 6 eggs thats all i remember but it was a great choc cake

ange164, Mar 27, 2:22am
50g butter
1 T golden syrup
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 T cocoa
1 C flour
1 t baking powder.
Few drops vanilla essence.
1 t baking soda (I usually just use baking powder again as I dislike the soda taste in baking.)
3/4 c milk

Melt butter and syrup in a small pot. Put melted ingredients into a bowl. Add egg and sugar & beat well.

Sift cocoa, flour and baking powder together.

Fold sifted ingredients and vanilla into egg mixture.

Dissolve baking soda in milk. (skip this if you're not using soda) Fold milk into egg mixture.

Pour mixture into two greased and lined 20cm sponge sandwich tins. Bake at 190*C for 30 mins or until cake springs back when lightly touched.

Leave in tin for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire reack. When cold ice with chocolate icing. Sandwich together with cream/icing. [or bake in one big tin and increase cooking time.]

lilyfield, Mar 27, 2:25am
even quantities of flour- butter- sugar -eggs-weigh it! and use part cocoa included in the flour weight.
cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time,beat well then flour sifted with the cocoa and BP.Halfteesp.of BP to everycup of flour.

easy peasy recipe you can flavour any old way

ange164, Mar 27, 2:35am
Edmonds regular chocolate cake:
175 g butter, softened.
1 T vanilla essence.
1 & 3/4 cups sugar.
3 eggs
1/2 c cocoa
2 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 C milk

Cream butter, vanilla & sugar until light and fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.

Sift cocoa, flour and baking powder together.

Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.

Pour mix into a greased and lined 22cm round cake tin.

Bake at 180*c for 30 mins or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Leave in tin for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack. When cold ice with chocolate Icing.

dezzie, Mar 27, 2:43am
I use the one that ange164 typed out that has you melting things in a pot.except I use a large pot, and add the sugar to the melting pot, and pull it off the ring as soon as everythings melted, add the milk and vanilla (to make sure its cool enough not to cook your egg) then the egg then I just add the other stuff to the pot instead of using a bowl, one less thing to wash ;) its a good recipe for cookingin the microwave as well

suzanna, Mar 27, 4:50am

rainrain1, Mar 27, 4:51am
Bluddy Good Chocolate Cake

1/4lb butter
3 eggs
1 t Baking Soda
1 T rasp jam
3 T boiling water
5 ozs sugar
1 c flour
1/2 t creme of tarter
3 T cocoa
Mix water, cocoa, and jam to a paste.Cream butter, sugar, and beaten eggs.Sift flour and rising and add.
Lastly add jam and cocoa mixture.
Bake in 2 sponge tins, moderate oven, 25-30 min
Test at 20 min
Join with mock cream

momma1, Mar 27, 5:01am
i always make the one egg choc cake and i don't think i've ever had it go wrong

nadineb, Mar 27, 8:27am
Chocolate Cake
3 eggs
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablesoon cocoa
1/2 cup milk
Heat milk and add cocoa cool slightly
Beat egg whites add yolk and beat add castor sugat andbeat
Sift flour and baking powder fold in
Add milk and cocoa mix
Pour into greased 8 inch sandwhich tin
Bake in moderate oven 20-25 minutess

nadineb, Mar 27, 8:29am
Hopemy recipe is what you are looking for

deus701, Mar 27, 8:36am
A simple one would probably use eggs, milk, flour and cocoa powder. Since you are not using baking soda or self raising flour, you got to whip the eggs (or yolks and whites) separately so your cake will have enough aeration.otherwise its just a chocolate brick.

skt01, Mar 27, 8:38am
thank you thank you exactly the kind of chocolate cake recipe i am looking for many many thanks

skt01, Mar 27, 8:40am
and many many thanks to you too exactly the kind of recipe i am looking for just simple ingredients nothing complicated thank you thank you thank you

nadineb, Apr 3, 8:39am
its my mums recipe tried and true and many years old