Something different? lamb or hogget chops? ideas?

jezabell, Jan 27, 3:06am
I usually grill these chops but am a bit sick of just plain old chops and husband likes them so they are frizzled up like cardboard yuckk.
Any ideas on a nice way to cook or add to make Hogget or lamb chops a bit nicer or different!

jezabell, Jan 27, 3:11am
bump for all the good cooks out there.
Yohooo need yas! lol

davidt4, Jan 27, 3:31am
Are they shoulder chops or loin chops!

beaker59, Jan 27, 4:13am
layer of sliced onions in bottom of roasting dish, layer of shoulder chops some rosemary and crushed garlic layer of sliced tomates then layer of breadcrumbs and grated cheese (ordinary tasty cheese is what I grew up with though I would throw in some parmisan as well now days) bake in oven for about an hour on 160 fan bake.

Nice and crusty mmmmmmmmmmmm

jezabell, Jan 27, 4:16am
they are proper wee chops if you know what I mean, not the sort that is on the neck more the wee ones that look like a comma ,,,,, lol

jezabell, Jan 27, 4:17am
mmmm this sounds nice. I suppose they go very tender like this!

davidt4, Jan 27, 4:27am
Comma-shaped chops sound like loin chops to me.If they are lamb I would marinate them for a few hours in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and grated onion, pat them dry, sprinkle with salt and grill over high heat until brown on the outside and pink in the middle.Serve with a Greek salad and some baked or boiled kumara.

In fact that's what we'll be having for dinner tonight except that our chops are goat.

If the chops are hogget they are likely to be a lot tougher and would need 2 days in the marinade to tenderise.

sarahb5, Jan 27, 4:28am
I marinate our lamb or hogget chops for the BBQ in a mix of red wine or balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme.

lythande1, Jan 27, 5:57am
Onion, capsicum, chops - trim them, 1/2 tbsp oregano, 2 tsps cumin, 2tsps ground coriander, some stock, 2 tbsps tomato paste, pepper, 1 tsp chilli, salt, pepper, simmer till nearly tender, then add sliced zucchini, thicken and serve on rice or whatever.

beaker59, Jan 27, 8:08am
x1
They do go very tender, the loin chops would posibly be a little too delicate for this recipe more suited to big shoulder chops.

This is a very old family recipe given to my Grandmother by her mother in law in the 1920's because it was a favourite of my grandfather. Which is why its so plain (no doubt origonally it didn't have the garlic then).