Worcester Sauce

spritie, Sep 11, 9:38am
What are some good uses for this stuff. I like it but it seems rather limited. Any ideas would be good

elliehen, Sep 11, 9:52am
pickles7 will have answers.she makes litres of her own.

korbo, Sep 11, 9:56am
put on scrambled eggs, mince, always add it to my soups, and casseroles. marinade with some brown sugar, sherry, basil and whatever else.i use a lot of it.

pickles7, Sep 11, 10:46am
lol, you are so right. every time I make up a new lot I mix in the old. perpetual sauce. We use it lots, love it. I also give a lot of little bottles as gifts. The sauce I make replaces a lot of spices in some of my cooking. I would not buy it again, ever. I wonder just how many bottles I need to squirrel away to see us through. lol.
The bought sauce is not as nice as it used to be, too insipid.

cookessentials, Sep 11, 6:54pm
I use it in my beef and bean casserol, Welsh rarebit and other casserole type dishes. I use Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce.

spritie, Sep 11, 9:18pm
Those seem to be the generic uses for it but is there any others!

davidt4, Sep 11, 9:21pm
You can put it in a Caesar Salad dressing instead of anchovies.

I use it in a marinade for rump steak, along with onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar and peppercorns.

cookessentials, Sep 11, 9:30pm
Here you go.
http://www.heinz.co.uk/sauce-partners/lea--perrins

Recipes at the RHS of the page

leray1, Sep 11, 9:31pm
MARINADES! you really cant go wrong

lavender32, Sep 11, 10:55pm
I use it for my stirfrys.Mix together about 2 tsp cornflour, 1 Tlbs brown sugar, 1/4 cup worcester sauce & top up with water.Pour over stirfried meat & vegies.Sometimes I also add a splash of sweet thai chilly sauce.

fisher, Sep 12, 1:25am
Yup, same here. By itself, it's a quick steak marinade. just drizzle over the top.and into fridge ready to be used. (of course lots of things can be added)

cookessentials, Sep 12, 2:10am
I love the Lea & Perrins

spritie, Sep 12, 5:45am
Nice link thanks!

Interesting.cheese on toast with Worcester Sauce on top. Going to have to try that now. Exactly the alternative use I was looking for. Yawn to all the meat/salad uses, lets funk it up.

rainrain1, Sep 12, 5:54am
Serve with poached egg on toast :-)

fisher, Sep 13, 1:25am
Yup, same here. By itself, it's a quick steak marinade. just drizzle over the top.and into fridge ready to be used. (of course lots of things can be added)