Edmonds coffee cake

jennyfenny1, Aug 16, 10:35pm
I just made it, and it is so little! I mean, the recipe said to divide the mixture between two tins but when i did that it barely covered the bottom of each tin so i just did it all in one. Anyway it looks ok but is really only half the height of the cakes i usually make - you know, your bog standard choc cake recipe etc. Anyone else had this!

princess4, Aug 16, 11:39pm
Hi. Go to www.bbcgoodfoods/coffeecakerecipeThis is the one I make.Better than edmonds one. Cheers

darlingmole, Aug 17, 1:39am
I've made the edmonds coffee cake recipe and found it quite flavourless but then again I didn't have any coffee essence only instant coffee.However the family didn't complain - and yes the mixture is rather small so I only made the one cake and not two

bisloy, Aug 17, 8:40am
I agree - flavourless. But I think it's the recipe, not the fact that you used instant in water. Also found it a bit heavy.

wheelz, Aug 17, 11:24am
that link doesn't work for me.anyone else!

seniorbones, Aug 17, 11:25am
didnt work for me either

gardie, Aug 17, 6:19pm

darlingmole, Aug 18, 1:39am
I've made the edmonds coffee cake recipe and found it quite flavourless but then again I didn't have any coffee essence only instant coffee.However the family didn't complain - and yes the mixture is rather small so I only made the one cake and not two

bisloy, Aug 18, 8:40am
I agree - flavourless. But I think it's the recipe, not the fact that you used instant in water. Also found it a bit heavy.

wheelz, Aug 18, 11:24am
that link doesn't work for me.anyone else!