Oranges and Breville Juice Fountain -disappointing

wardz4, Jul 29, 5:20am
Has anyone managed to produce a nice glass of orange juice ? We are peeling and even coring the oranges but only get a pale yellow frothy "smoothie"that isn't like a nice clear juice. Looks like its out with the elbow grease and lemon squeezer again. The filter and pulp separator seem to be doing the job, we even tried things like pouring the mixture thru a tea towel.

babytears, Jul 29, 5:59am
I find that with just about eveything we juice in that machine.... :(, it's rather frothy, but have noticed that the longer you leave it sitting, the clearer it eventually becomes

lx4000, Jul 29, 6:31am
maybe top and tail. Then using your knife, cutting from top to bottom taking the peel and the pith off might help.

wardz4, Jul 29, 6:45am
Thanks -we are already peeling them right to the flesh -and coring.

rachbabe, Jul 29, 11:31pm
We get the same result but started making batches, then leave to sit for an hour or so. I then scoop as much of the froth off the top before pouring in to a clean bottle or jug. Seems to be the only way to get rid of most of the froth.

laser51, Jul 30, 1:40am
I have same problem seems to be universal which is a shame as it doesn't look at all appetising. As above the only solution I have found is to let it stand for a few hours. I froze some applejuice which was clear when thawed but all the sediment/froth was at the bottom making it nessecary to decant into a jug. Was talking to my daughter about this the other day and she was saying there is a machine being advertised on the infomercials which (apparently??) doesn't make the juice frothy, have not seen it myself and can't tell you which ones sorry

wardz4, Jul 30, 5:20am
Has anyone managed to produce a nice glass of orange juice ! We are peeling and even coring the oranges but only get a pale yellow frothy "smoothie"that isn't like a nice clear juice. Looks like its out with the elbow grease and lemon squeezer again. The filter and pulp separator seem to be doing the job, we even tried things like pouring the mixture thru a tea towel.

babytears, Jul 30, 5:59am
I find that with just about eveything we juice in that machine. :(, it's rather frothy, but have noticed that the longer you leave it sitting, the clearer it eventually becomes

radark, Jul 30, 8:04am
they aren't really made as a citrus juicer they are more for apples and veges, harder stuff...i use ione in my cafe and have no problems at all just don't do oj

laser51, Jul 31, 1:40am
I have same problem seems to be universal which is a shame as it doesn't look at all appetising. As above the only solution I have found is to let it stand for a few hours. I froze some applejuice which was clear when thawed but all the sediment/froth was at the bottom making it nessecary to decant into a jug. Was talking to my daughter about this the other day and she was saying there is a machine being advertised on the infomercials which (apparently!) doesn't make the juice frothy, have not seen it myself and can't tell you which ones sorry

wardz4, Jul 31, 3:31am
Thank you all for your contributions !

radark, Jul 31, 8:04am
they aren't really made as a citrus juicer they are more for apples and veges, harder stuff.i use ione in my cafe and have no problems at all just don't do oj