Christchurch Baking Army

miffycat1, Jul 1, 7:41am
Does every one know about the Christchurch baking Army.
Go to the facebook page.
This was started by Chrislynn a Canterbury university student to help others after the February earth quake.& now helping after the June quake.
A great way for everyone who loves bakng to help the folks in the hardest hit areas in the East, eg Avondale.
i know they would very much appreciate any support from any where in New Zealand

calista, Jul 1, 10:33am
Hey Miffy, for those of us who are not on FB could you give more details please?

miffycat1, Jul 1, 8:52pm
Anyone who loves baking or making food for lunches/dinners can deliver there goodiesto 11 Scoular Place Avondale anytime.
Baking suggestions include anything that can be packed easily by us into snap lock bags,
Slices, biscuits, loaves, cakes, sausage rolls, small pies, gingerbread men for the children.Soup is great,put into small containers for single/ family portions..
This is an ongoing project.
Please be aware that the Avondale RdBridge will be closed for urgent repairs from 6am this Sunday for 24hrs. You would need to come up from Breezes road.
Thanks for your interest, the more bakers the more folks receive The baking Army's help

winnie231, Jul 1, 10:16pm
Hi calista :)
They also have a website ...
http://www.chchbakingarmy.com/

calista, Jul 2, 1:27am
Thanks Winnie, trust me to miss the obvious.

winnie231, Jul 2, 1:50am
No worries calista :)
Just wanted to add - this isthe latest update from their fb page if anyone can help ...

UPDATE on AVONDALE:
There is a need for single n double meals that can be frozen.This includes savouries , pies , quiches, fritters, fresh fruit & gingerbread men. (Aiming for this W.E) There is also a need for meals delivered warm into portions of 1,2 or family size there is a large demand. Once again many thanks for those who chose to be generous to this emotional suburb.-Vicki Scott

greerg, Jul 2, 8:53am
Thanks Winnie.The website has other dropoff places as well including one in Lincoln which would be handy for me.I'mnot on Facebook so if anyone had the time to check that they still want stuff delivered there I would be very grateful.

winnie231, Jul 2, 9:04am
greerg - this is the most recent message regarding the Lincoln drop of point ...
•LINCOLN-Trina Smith has offered her place as a drop off point for baking.Her address is 2 Perthshire Crescent Lincoln.There is a plastic tub at the front door if she is not home.

miffycat1, Jul 3, 7:02am
Thanks everyone, we appreciate your ongoing support.

greerg, Jul 3, 7:48am
Thanks Rae - that's convenient.

natalie9, Jul 3, 5:51pm
This is awesome... wish I was closer to help in that way... giving donations just doesn't feel enough...