My pumpkin!!

bopeep80, Jun 6, 1:45am
Yesterday I cut into the last of my home grown pumpkins, one of 4 thataccidentally grew in the kids old sand pit where I chuck the lawn clippings and raked up leaves.

It was the orangest, sweetest and dryest pumpkin I have had so a long time. I made a batch of my Weight Watchers recipe microwave soup and Im just loving every drop of it. Maybe it tastes better, knowing the pumpkin didnt cost anything to grow.

Needless to say I have saved the seeds and will be chucking them into the sandpit again.

marywea, Jun 6, 2:22am
Nice to see you posting Boppep-how is the grand child?

bopeep80, Jun 6, 4:42am
He is gorgeous!! Still the Love of My Life.

Nice to see you too Mary, I often read the 'other' thread, but don't contribute much anymore.

fisher, Jun 6, 8:59am
Great Bopeep.. Remember at the other house we had,wifey threw a whole pile of seeds into the garden and compost pile... They had been left to dry on the windowsill after being washed to get rid of the pumpkin still attached.. They looked a bit wizened and thought they had passed their "grow by date"..
42 pumpkins later of varying sizes and they spread all over the lawn and enjoyed the lawn clippings that were tossed over them... the ends being cut back allowing the "fruit" to grow better.. Like you, nice dry pumpkin and soooo tasty especially roasted...

marywea, Jun 7, 2:22am
Nice to see you posting Boppep-how is the grand child!

bopeep80, Jun 7, 4:42am
He is gorgeous! Still the Love of My Life.

Nice to see you too Mary, I often read the 'other' thread, but don't contribute much anymore.

fisher, Jun 7, 8:59am
Great Bopeep. Remember at the other house we had,wifey threw a whole pile of seeds into the garden and compost pile. They had been left to dry on the windowsill after being washed to get rid of the pumpkin still attached. They looked a bit wizened and thought they had passed their "grow by date".
42 pumpkins later of varying sizes and they spread all over the lawn and enjoyed the lawn clippings that were tossed over them. the ends being cut back allowing the "fruit" to grow better. Like you, nice dry pumpkin and soooo tasty especially roasted.