Pumpkin salad

megan242, Nov 2, 2:54am
Anyone with a really nice recipe for one that doesn't require anything too fancy?

propagator, Nov 2, 3:12am
I haven't tried this myself.Its in the 'to make' recipes.Might have even got it from this message board.
PUMPKIN SALAD
3 cups raw grated pumpkin. 25g sunflower seeds. 25g pumpkin seeds. 20g toasted sesame seeds. 1 Cup cooked brown rice. 1 spring onion....Dressing: 2 Tbsp honey. 1 Tbsp soya sauce. 1 tsp grated ginger. 2 Tbsp olive oil. 1 Tbsp cider vinegar. Salt and Pepper...Mix all the salad ingredients with the dressing 2hrs before you need it. This is a lovely salad and people cannot believe it's pumpkin!

packergirl, Nov 2, 3:22am
Pumpkin and cashew nuts
1 peeled and diced med-size pumpkin
oil for roasting
salt and pepper
fresh rosemary
4-5 spring onions diced
1 c cashew nuts
dressing
150ml virgin olive oil
75ml balsaic vinegar
1/2 orange juice
1 tsp sugar or honey
2-3tsp curry poder
roast pumpkin with oil dizzle on
when cold add the rest then toss the dressing on
this is really nice and people compliment on the dish I use a sml pkt of nuts and crust them
I hope this works for you

kay141, Nov 2, 3:25am
This was in the New World flyer a couple of weeks ago. I haven't tried it but it looks delicious. It is a warm one and probably a meal.
Salami, Pumpkin and cream Salad Serves 4
500g Pumpkin diced into 2cm cubes ,
8 cloves Garlic peeled & chopped,
3tbsp Flour
Salt and Pepper to season
3tbsp oil
2 Red Onion Peeled & Sliced
1 Red Capsicum Seeded & Diced
150g sliced Salami roughly chopped
200g Feta
1/4 cup Cream

kay141, Jul 9, 8:45am
Toss pumpkin in flour mixed with 1tsp salt and a few grinds black pepper. Put in roasting dish with the il and cook in 180c oven for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the chopped garlic, red onion and capsicum and return to oven for a furhter 10 minutes. Remove from oven, place in a large bowl. Add salami, cream amd feta. Stir gently to combined. Serve. Enjoy.