Whats the mix for Alison Holsts baking mix please

nzpetal, Sep 29, 11:07pm
Whats the mix for alisons holsts baking mix please cheers

squeakygirl, Sep 30, 2:50am
Here's one - This is out of my very old New American Cookbook. 8 cups flour, 10 teaspoons baking powder, 4 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 cups butter. Mix in batches in kitchen whizz and use for scones, biscuits, dumplings, waffles, muffins, cakes etc. Keeps at least a month in the fridge.

nzpetal, Oct 1, 4:48am
bump thank you squeakygirl but not quite what I was after

winnie15, Apr 5, 10:16am
copied and pasted from another site
the baking mix from Destitute Gourmet a few years ago but after looking at the ratios of what was in it compared to my regular recipes for scones etc ended up doing a spreadsheet comparing the ingredients in scones, pikelets, waffles and pancakes. adjusted the amounts in each recipe so that the amount of flour in each was the same.then looked at the quantities of the other ingredients and came up with my own baking mix recipe.
10 cup flour
18 tsp baking powder
250g butter (or 1/2 butter 1/2 kremelta)
2 tsp salt
2 cups milk powder
Sift dry ingredients and rub in fat or whizz the whole lot in a food processor.
For scones add 3/4c water to 2 3/4c mix
For waffles add 2c water, 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons sugar to 3 1/3c mix
For pikelets add 3/4c water, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons sugar to 1 1/3c mix
For pancakes add 2c water and 2 eggs to 2 3/4c mix

keep mixture in fridge

sue62, Apr 5, 10:03pm
Thanks winnie15. What a useful thing to have on hand. How long would it keep in the fridge?

fifie, Apr 5, 10:18pm
x1
Heres my A/Holst B mix recipe.
10 Cups flour
2/5 Cup Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon salt
350gm cold cubed butter
Place dry ingredients in food processor. Pulse a few times to mix well.
Add the butter cubes and again pulse until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Store in sealed container in fridge for up to 2 months.

malcovy, Apr 5, 11:12pm
I have made the DG one and never again will I add salt to the bulk mix.I will add salt when I am about to make something.

korbo, Apr 6, 2:35am
This used to be in bins at sup/mkt. havent seen it for years. maybe an email to alison holst could shed some light.

sue62, Apr 6, 10:03pm
Thanks winnie15. What a useful thing to have on hand. How long would it keep in the fridge!

squeakygirl, Oct 1, 2:50am
Here's one - This is out of my very old New American Cookbook. 8 cups flour, 10 teaspoons baking powder, 4 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 cups butter. Mix in batches in kitchen whizz and use for scones, biscuits, dumplings, waffles, muffins, cakes etc. Keeps at least a month in the fridge.