Masterchef tonight-chicken on skewer

Page 1 / 2
kenny92, Apr 3, 10:34am
Did anyone watching Masterchef NZ tonight see what Stu? coated his chicken tenderloins with before deep frying. I think the kids voted them #1 partyfood and I would like to make my own. Thanks.

kuaka, Apr 3, 10:37am
Yes I half-watched it, that is, watched it but wasn't taking much notice.I believe the recipes are available on-line, or you could watch the program again on TVNZ On Demand.

kenny92, Apr 3, 10:48am
I've just found the recipes on the TVNZ website!!!

kuaka, Apr 3, 11:22am
Cool.

nzl99, Apr 3, 7:12pm
I think he marinated them in buttermilk... they looked great!

245sam, Apr 3, 7:46pm
yes, it was seasoned (with salt and pepper) buttermilk, nzl99 - the recipe can be found at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/masterchef-new-zealand/episode-7-crumbed-chicken-tenderloins-4030764

beebs, Apr 3, 10:49pm
can you get the panko breadcrumbs from countdown, cos ive looked before and havent been able to find them (i have heard to much about them i would love to try)

245sam, Apr 4, 12:50am
not sure beebs, I would think so and will have a look to see next time I'm at one of our Chch Countdown's.I'd expect to find them, not where the breadcrumbs usually are, but amongst the other international/ethnic items - is that where you have already looked?I have seen them at one of our Chch Pak 'n' Saves - is PnS an available option for you?:-))

fifie, Apr 4, 1:07am
Get mine at the fish shop, if you have fish retailer shop in your area try there, or maybe a asian shop, not all S/M have them they are so good, makes a lovely crispy coating.

beebs, Apr 4, 1:30am
i will have another look then..................you cant buy them from countdown online............but if they are an ingredient on the programme, shouldnt it be available in store at least?

prawn_whiskas, Apr 4, 1:34am
They are in the isle marked with the "international" sign

illusion_, Apr 4, 4:31am
should be easy to find ... they'll be emitting a greenish glow

kenny92, Apr 4, 10:34am
Did anyone watching Masterchef NZ tonight see what Stu! coated his chicken tenderloins with before deep frying. I think the kids voted them #1 partyfood and I would like to make my own. Thanks.

kuaka, Apr 4, 10:37am
Yes I half-watched it, that is, watched it but wasn't taking much notice.I believe the recipes are available on-line, or you could watch the program again on TVNZ On Demand.

kenny92, Apr 4, 10:48am
I've just found the recipes on the TVNZ website!

nzl99, Apr 4, 7:12pm
I think he marinated them in buttermilk. they looked great!

beebs, Apr 4, 8:18pm
no, none at the local countdown :(

jan2242, Apr 4, 10:09pm
I am sure i saw some ages ago at Bin Inn - so maybe they stock them?

ursula4, Apr 5, 12:10am
Oh havnt heard that - what do you know that I dont??

timturtle, Apr 5, 12:22am
They are referring that they come from Japan. I bought second to last one at my countdown, think there has been a rush to get pre-earthquake ones.

245sam, Apr 5, 12:50am
not sure beebs, I would think so and will have a look to see next time I'm at one of our Chch Countdown's.I'd expect to find them, not where the breadcrumbs usually are, but amongst the other international/ethnic items - is that where you have already looked!I have seen them at one of our Chch Pak 'n' Saves - is PnS an available option for you!:-))

maynard9, Apr 5, 1:18am
Got some this morning at Countdown Palmerston North.With the ordinary breadcrumbs.

beebs, Apr 5, 1:30am
i will have another look then.you cant buy them from countdown online.but if they are an ingredient on the programme, shouldnt it be available in store at least!

illusion_, Apr 5, 4:31am
should be easy to find . they'll be emitting a greenish glow

245sam, Apr 5, 6:15am
beebs, I have been to one of our Chch Countdown supermarkets (Hornby) this afternoon and found that they also do normally have the Panko breadcrumbs, but are currently sold out.As maynard9 found they are kept with the "ordinary breadcrumbs" so keep an eye out for NISSHIN Panko Breadcrumbs, $4.28 for 200g.:-))