I have loads of cooked rice

bigblackfish, Mar 22, 5:28am
We had fried rice last night, any ideas on what I could do with the rest?

suie1, Mar 22, 5:31am
Freeze it to use later? But cooked rice is one food that you cannot store long even in the fridge because of the risk of Listeria, if you don't use it tonight or freeze you should discard it.

rainrain1, Mar 22, 5:32am
Give to your chooks.....they will kiss you for it

lizab, Mar 22, 5:39am
Either eat it tonight, well heated or freeze it. I freeze cooked rice (cos I know you can't keep it for long in the fridge to reuse) and I've used it for rice pudding or just for defrosting in the microwave and then heating in the microwave for dinner. No-one in my house has ever, ever had food poisoning - should touch wood as I type that!!!

bisloy, Mar 22, 6:22am
Make fried rice. Mix enough oil through the rice to just coat it and add it after you've cooked the bacon, egg pancake, onions and shrimps. When the rice is heated through, slosh over the soy sauce and serve.

jessie981, Mar 22, 6:36am
And the birds

kinna54, Mar 22, 6:36am
Here is a microwave rice pudding recipe that uses left over cooked rice.
Microwave rice pudding.
1 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup sultanas
Knob of butter
1 beaten egg.
1 1/2 -2 cups water.
Cook on high power for 5-7mins.
*Would start the cooking with around11/2 cups water, if too stiff add extra throughout the cooking.*

nzl99, Mar 22, 8:28pm
Make little risoto balls.... add some seasonings of your choice... form into little balls with a square of mozzarella in the middle, flour, egg, crumb, chill.... then deep fry until golden.

pp11, Mar 22, 8:35pm
Rice salad using any of the following: capsicums, peas, sweetcorn, pineapple, sultanas, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, whatever you've got on hand. Add some salad dressing or mix one up.

ashanti, Mar 23, 1:18am
Wow I didn't know listeria was something to look out for with cooked rice! learn something new every day-

jbsouthland, Mar 23, 1:28am
Please tell my partner he thinks Chinese takeaways lasts for ever....cast ironEuropean stomach...Me Kiwi Not...Argument of the soft kind always ensues .....BUT he always agrees with me in the end..thankfully.

bigblackfish, Mar 23, 5:28am
We had fried rice last night, any ideas on what I could do with the rest!

suie1, Mar 23, 5:31am
Freeze it to use later! But cooked rice is one food that you cannot store long even in the fridge because of the risk of Listeria, if you don't use it tonight or freeze you should discard it.

rainrain1, Mar 23, 5:32am
Give to your chooks.they will kiss you for it

lizab, Mar 23, 5:39am
Either eat it tonight, well heated or freeze it. I freeze cooked rice (cos I know you can't keep it for long in the fridge to reuse) and I've used it for rice pudding or just for defrosting in the microwave and then heating in the microwave for dinner. No-one in my house has ever, ever had food poisoning - should touch wood as I type that!

bisloy, Mar 23, 6:22am
Make fried rice. Mix enough oil through the rice to just coat it and add it after you've cooked the bacon, egg pancake, onions and shrimps. When the rice is heated through, slosh over the soy sauce and serve.

nzl99, Mar 23, 8:28pm
Make little risoto balls. add some seasonings of your choice. form into little balls with a square of mozzarella in the middle, flour, egg, crumb, chill. then deep fry until golden.

pp11, Mar 23, 8:35pm
Rice salad using any of the following: capsicums, peas, sweetcorn, pineapple, sultanas, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, whatever you've got on hand. Add some salad dressing or mix one up.

ashanti, Mar 24, 1:18am
Wow I didn't know listeria was something to look out for with cooked rice! learn something new every day-

jbsouthland, Mar 24, 1:28am
Please tell my partner he thinks Chinese takeaways lasts for ever.cast ironEuropean stomach.Me Kiwi Not.Argument of the soft kind always ensues .BUT he always agrees with me in the end.thankfully.