What did you bake today?

Page 1 / 4
debsaid, Mar 5, 7:43am
A nice day for baking, I did feijoa and white chocolate muffins and some shortbread, but now i've seen some orange and choc chip shortbread on the food channel so might make them tomorrow, yum. And did a roast pork for dinner. Cupa tea time now. :)

stormbaby, Mar 5, 8:32am
My 12 year old made the most awesome Chocolate Brownies. She is suchgood baker.

tich50, Mar 5, 8:40am
applecrumblehere.

nzbadger, Mar 5, 8:41am
GF Fruit Cake

fifie, Mar 5, 8:52am
My 10 yr old grandee loves learning to bake at the moment. Today she visited and made choc muffins with a caramel centre, microwaved choc square with a chocolate icing and muffins with rasp jam in the middle. All was done by her with the odd question and a little help from me, then she blew my socks offand cleaned up all the dishes and asked how do you make those bread things in muffin tins with yummy fillings. Away home she went with her bag of goodies and said see you tomorrow i will be back to make more lol.

smileeah, Mar 5, 8:58am
x1
Are feijoas in season already? Feijoa and white chocolate sounds different, I'll have to remember that one and try it.

I only iced the chocolate mud cake I made yesterday. It is nice but very rich.

stormbaby, Mar 5, 9:48am
Nice huh! She must have got the baking gene from someone:)

shimmygirl, Mar 5, 9:51am
Chocolate courgette cake...gotta sneak those courgettes into the family somehow!!Got heaps!

redflag, Mar 5, 9:54am
two of my sons and I baked bran and sultana muffins, i havent made them in a few years and i know why, i cant stop eating them, lashings of butter, Chocolate courgette cake? wow that sounds interesting!

shimmygirl, Mar 5, 10:14am
Yes imagine a carrot cake.....but with courgettes.You'd never know there were courgettes in it... it's lovely and moist.
Happy to post recipe if you want it.

seniorbones, Mar 5, 10:33am
I made 'the best banana cake' but it wasnt the best this time, only cooked for 45mins but very dry so just keep eating the top with the cream cheese lemon icing and the chooks can have the rest of the dry bits!!

redflag, Mar 5, 10:47am
shimmygirl
Yes imagine a carrot cake.....but with courgettes.You'd never know there were courgettes in it... it's lovely and moist.
Happy to post recipe if you want it

yes please that sounds very interesting, im just starting to get back into baking after a very long time of not doing any at all, thank you!

jcprotea, Mar 5, 12:17pm
Apple bread and a wholemeal pizza base. I will do more baking and cooking tomorrow.

sarahb5, Mar 5, 10:51pm
I made banana chocolate chip cake for hubby and Mr 16 to take away with them next weekend - I will freeze it and then defrost and ice it the day before they leave.I'll be making a big tray of brownies for them to take for their pot luck dinner and I've just made a chocolate cake for this week's lunch boxes.I try not to make too much at a time so that I'm not tempted to eat it!

jcprotea, Mar 5, 11:29pm
going to make more muffins, some biscuits and a wholemeal bread loaf. might make weetbix slice even and honey rice bubble slice.

lizab, Mar 5, 11:47pm
made a loaf of bread and spent an hour over the stove making about 60 pikelets for the freezer!! Going to make some pasta shortly for lasagna for dinner tonight.

shimmygirl, Mar 6, 12:21am
Redflag I've put it up as a new thread... enjoy.

rainbowpride, Mar 6, 12:23am
Just the basics here a double chocolate brownie, chocolate cake and a rice bubble slice that should do em for a week Im hoping

akd100, Mar 6, 12:35am
Nashi cake.

southerngurl, Mar 6, 1:35am
mini muffin sized lollie cakes, and lollie cake loaves

vesumona_gurl, Mar 6, 2:09am
WOW!!! that sounds so delicious.

cookessentials, Mar 6, 3:53am
Lemon yoghurt cake in the oven and just considering black forest cookies

greerg, Mar 6, 4:43am
Dozens of afghans and scotch eggs for people supplying food to the East side of Christchurch. Don't dare bake anything for here, the wine and mochaccinos aretaking enough of a hammering post-earthquake without adding a nice big cake (or especially a black forest cookie or 10) to my thighs. Sigh.

whakahihi, Mar 6, 5:28am
Coca Cola Fudge Cake, Butterscotch choc chip cookies and black forest muffins.

southerngurl, Mar 6, 5:48am
recipe please?? Would it work with diet coke or coke zero