What did you bake today?

Page 2 / 4
fifie, Mar 6, 6:05am
Yes its good to see the younger ones taking a interest, i always encouragethem, as its another skill they have . She was back into ittoday making bluberry muffinsfor mum and moro bar slice for the lunch boxes, we notice shes even keen on learning to cook meals. For a fussy little eater we encourage it as her taste buds broaden, and she gets older and all of a sudden shesprepared to try new things i'm just not sure where all this has come from lol, so am thinking a little book with her favourite recipes written in might be a good idea.

cookessentials, Mar 6, 6:08am
Well, the Black Forest cookies ended up being Tollhouse cookies instead.

macwood2, Mar 6, 6:11am
cookessentials can you please post the black forest cookies for me.TIA.

clair4, Mar 6, 6:20am
I did not bake, but made some fig and ginger conserve.

whakahihi, Mar 6, 6:24am
1 & 3/4 cups of flour, 2 cups of brown sugar, 3/4 cup of cocoa, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, pinch of salt, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of oil, 1 cup of coke (any variety), 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.Sift all dry ingredients together and mix thoroughly.In a separate bowl mix your wet ingredients and then add them to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.Pour in to a lined cake tin ( I use a square one) and bake at 180 C for approximately an hour or when a prong comes out clean.The mixture is really runny but the cake is rich and dense like a mud cake.Hope you enjoy :o)

southerngurl, Mar 6, 6:33am
ohhh so onto that one baby thanks heaps

helenandjohn, Mar 6, 6:39am
Ciabatta

whakahihi, Mar 6, 6:48am
Not a problem, hope you enjoy it!

mamaang, Mar 6, 7:20am
yoyo's,gingernuts,hokeypokey biscuits, peanut brownies and shortbread :o)

debsaid, Mar 6, 7:02pm
I had some I had put in the freezer from last season, whole just defrosted and scooped out, not as firm as fresh ones but great for baking.

pp11, Mar 7, 2:49am
Nothing yesterday but today:

Bran & Sultanta Muffins
Ginger Oat Slice
Potato Bake to go with tonight's dinner.

kinna54, Mar 7, 3:03am
darn cold day, so good day to bake. Made apricot loaf, and choc sponge pudding for dessert. Shepherd's pie for dinner

pp11, Mar 7, 3:06am
Mmmmm good ole Shepherd's pie, really fancy that now, perfect for a chilly day.

juliewn, Mar 7, 6:15am
Mmmm.. delicious goodies being made in all your kitchen's.. :-)

I just searched Votemenot - a website where threads from the Trademe messageboards are saved.. a wonderful thread on the same topic asthis lasted several years on Trademe - I looked here to post the link and am surprised to find it's no longer here as it was very popular.. however I've found it there.. if you'd like to, clink on the link to look for more inspirational posts about goodies baked.. recipes were often included..

Thanks again to Kob for starting the thread..

Edited to add.. the thread is titled: "I've just done the weeks baking, what did you bake?'

http://www.votemenot.co.nz/thread/-1398126/ive-just-done-the-weeks-baking-what-did-you-bake/?page=1

lulujstone, Mar 7, 6:47am
Hi, When it comes to bakingbiscuits ,cakes & muffinswhat types freeze the best, I'm going away next week for 10 days and want to leave the freezer stocked with baking for the kids lunches, Thanks in advance

juliewn, Mar 7, 6:52am
Hi Lulu.. I've found most baking items freeze well.. the only thing that I've found is that icing can get cracks in the surface, although it tastes fine.. so bake your favourites...

redflag, Mar 7, 7:16am
yesterday i baked peanut brownies, afgans,coconut crispies,choclate muffins and budget biscuits, i have put them all in the freezer so the kids have lunch treats as i dont want to buy pre packed items anymore to save some money, i havent been very good at biscuit making in the past so gave up years ago due to the biscuits allways running into each other, but i had some good results yesterday!

henzar, Mar 7, 7:21am
nigella lawsons shortbread & peshwari naan for the curry.

lynja, Mar 7, 7:40am
instant pudding chocolate button biscuits and chocolate brownies/

gardie, Mar 7, 7:49am
Like juliewn I find that most baking freezes however I also find that most things can be eaten frozen so I try not to bake too much these days.If I freeze uniced cakes, they last longer - because they don't taste as good as the finished product.

superwiner, Mar 7, 8:42am
Triple chocolate cookies. Chocolate Fudge and white chocolate fudge.. ok ok the last 2 items not officially baked but oh soo bad for you...

deanocam, Mar 8, 3:25am
Gasp:How much sugar? Crikey....

sara134, Mar 8, 3:48am
oh white chocolate fudge , how yum!!! I attempted lemon curd muffins which was an epic FAILURE! lol. Lemon curd tasted yummy though.

abbey171, Mar 8, 5:31am
today I managed some double chocolate muffins, but instead of using choc chips I used the larger chocolate drops. Sooo yummy and gooey with them. Something quick to put in hubby's lunch-box.

whakahihi, Mar 8, 5:54am
Who cares?It's a cake...not a health food to start with!Don't like the recipe then don't bake it!Simple!!!