Meal planner for the coming week?

hhb, Feb 20, 8:30am
Anyone bother to do this? I think I will give it a try, must mean better budgeting and also takes away the 4 o'clock what shall we have for dinner headache.

jaz8, Feb 20, 8:45am
Yes I do it every week. It certainly stops me from doubling up on items and I find I cook more adventurously. I flick through my cookbooks or MIL's food magazines and choose from there - gives me something to look forward to when I am working like a robot during the day.

earthangel4, Feb 20, 9:51am
yes my daughter does it every week,and puts the menu up on the fridge,and if she doen,t feel like cooking,her hubby cooks.
Well worth it,but not in my house,as sometimes hubby wants something different,and he will cook it.

hott-mama, Feb 20, 8:17pm
yes .. I do .. always have done since becoming a working mum ..

it makes for less stress at the end of a long working day ..

and most conveniently, it means we have all that we need for the evening meal without one of us having to stop at the supermarket each day ..

I printed a weekly menu planner template off a website last week and am using it for the first time this week .. if I find it I'll post the link ..

petal-pickle, Feb 20, 8:44pm
I have done this for years now, makes grocery shopping easier and I even decide what we are having each night, may sound a bit fussy but I have a couple of busy evenings per week when we need to have quick dinners and then there are other nights when we can spend longer preparing food.I usually put it up on the inside of the pantry door so nobody has to play the "whats for dinner??" game...thats the last thing I need at the end of a busy day!!Also helps to prepare for grocery shopping and means less chance to buy things you don't need.Occasionally I ask if theres anything people want that we haven't had in a while for fresh inspiration, also gets the kids thinking and helps them plan out healthy/balanced meals.
Does anyone else avoid certain aisles in the supermarket??I don't go down the biscuit aisle as its all processed rubbish.Also had it pointed out once that nearly everything you really need is located on "outside" walls, if you think about it its correct with most supermarket layouts...bread, meat, milk, dairy (yoghurt etc) then the vege section and a few tins of veges/beans in the aisles, then a few cleaning products and personal items, saves a lot of time not walking up and down every aisle and also the temptation to try out new products or overpriced unhealthy stuff.

earthangel4, Feb 20, 9:28pm
Yes please,our printer is out of ink,but hubby can print it off at work for me.
Thank you.

hott-mama, Feb 20, 9:37pm

hott-mama, Feb 20, 9:40pm

tarshlove, Feb 20, 9:50pm
Thanks Hot muma ill use this from now on i used to just print a monthly calendar and write what i was having on it but this is better as you can list what your going to need to buy :o)