So Masterchef NZ kicks off

Page 1 / 11
bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 12:10am
again tonight.
I hope it improves as much as the Australian one did in its second series.
I see that they've releaed a book of recipes from the first series. Do you think they'll bring out a magazine to cover this series?

kiwibubbles, Feb 20, 12:15am
i think the womens weekly will be reporting on it every week..............

elliehen, Feb 20, 12:22am
I love to watch it, but has anyone here actually been inspired to make many of the recipes?It is in the genre of Idol TV, and for many I suspect the appeal is not so much the cooking but the zany competitive kitchen, the joys and the heartbreak.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 12:59am
Entertainment first you reckon Ellie?
Interesting though that the magazine was a huge seller in OZ, so I guess someone cooked something out of them.

rosathemad, Feb 20, 1:04am
I made the chocolate marquise and tuiles from last season - in cupcake form - but then I may be crazier than many. ;-) The marquise was fantastic, though. The invention challenge recipes I probably wouldn't bother with. You're absolutely right though, elliehen, about it being about the drama more than the food.

motorbo, Feb 20, 2:17am
and we get eye candy this year :) with the new judge :) but of course the food comes first!!! LOL

lx4000, Feb 20, 3:03am
what channel and time please, tarly:)

greerg, Feb 20, 3:23am
8.30 on One.

motorbo, Feb 20, 7:29am
yahnearly time

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 7:44am
Motorbo - he's certainly eye candy!

wearitout, Feb 20, 8:05am
Hehe - the eye candy is my cousin! GO JOSH!!

pickles7, Feb 20, 8:33am
WOW!!! what a talented young lad.

kiwibubbles, Feb 20, 9:28am
were there three judges on masterchef last year? if so, who was the third?

shop-a-holic, Feb 20, 9:35am
Ross Burden

elliehen, Feb 20, 11:02am
Wasn't it that very tall, burly Australian 'Matt' someone-or-other?The one with longish dark hair who twirled his cufflinks?Looked a bit like someone from The Sopranos.

nfh1, Feb 20, 11:04am
Matt Preston? Wasn't he on the Australian one though.

jbsouthland, Feb 20, 5:52pm
Didn't think they should have "made" that young Vegetarian guy eatLambs brain......was enjoyingwatching till then ....all for the camera of course!Nice that ladies back and thru after losing her dad last series. Ray "wooden" Vinnie is only missing his Puppet strings....unusualguy but still likeable....Certainly some great contenders for the title !!!!!

motorbo, Feb 20, 5:53pm
i would say lucky you but only cos you know him, would rather be his date LOL
how old is he?

motorbo, Feb 20, 5:55pm
last year it was Ross Burden. last i heard he was living in auckland going to law school, which seemed very odd to me..........goes to google

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 7:12pm
Re the vego - I thought that was fair enough. If he wants to be in the competition he'll have to cook some meat and he'll have to check the taste. Actually I thought his report of the flavours he tasted was weak and wasn't good enough for the competition. We'll see how he goes.
Seems to be a much higher standard this year, and perhaps some in there because they're zany characters and entertaining.

lx4000, Feb 20, 7:16pm
Sorry, if that was me, HUGE problems would have come about!! I have a phobia of meat and bones! I can cook it now for everyone (not all meats) And that would have put me back where I would have had my own dishes for cooking and not being able to cook it. I COOK BY SMELL !! My partner is amazed how I can cook meat and get it sooo nice without tasting it!! Salt is the only thing that tends to trip me up!!

Mrs lx4000 or barloo

lx4000, Feb 20, 7:18pm
Not funny when you have repetitive nightmaresto the point you are afraid to sleep!!and panic attacks about meat!! Sorry, BUT thats NOT fair or funny!!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 7:23pm
Ah, but you're wise enough not to enter a competition that isn't a strictly vegetarian cooking competition. Good for you lx4000.

lx4000, Feb 20, 7:48pm
But knowing some one is veggie, you don't blind fold them and get them to eat it! For some, its not a choice!!

nfh1, Feb 20, 8:15pm
I would have thought it was fair had it have been a 'regular' cut of meat, but I would think many people who do eat meat would not wish to eat brains - me included.

Complete abuse of power by the judge!I hate bullies.And brains!