Kids "I can do it myself recipes"

Page 2 / 3
tarshlove, Feb 19, 3:01am
yeah she a freak so very very independent! She even loves peeling spuds for dinner I mean who enjoys that i hated it!!! I guess when she HAS to do it she wont like it lol

jessie981, Feb 19, 4:44am
sorry tarsh - left hand message board. Where it says recipes key in what you are looking for, then in date posted put anytime.

elliehen, Feb 19, 4:54am
You don't need cream, just butter/jam/honey/goldensyrup.

Your little girl can make them into shapes.As children, we used to make pikelet letters of the alphabet, circles, triangles etc

You can make a good teddy bear pikelet too - a blob for the tummy, then four little blobs around the edge for limbs and then a head blob.When you turn them over to cook the other side, they are quite cute.Bunny pikelets too...

dorothy_vdh, Feb 19, 5:09am
elliehen that is exactly what my grandmother used to make for me 45+ years ago.I thought she was so clever.Thanks for the memories

tarshlove, Feb 25, 2:21am
But cream is sooo yummy

elliehen, Feb 25, 3:15am
I agree...cream's best, especially with a dollop of raspberry jam under it :)

tarshlove, Aug 21, 10:51pm
Bumping with the newest recipe that my daughter loves
Edmonds Afghans

200g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 & 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups cornflakes

Icing

2 cups icing sugar
2 tbs cocoa
1/4 tsp butter
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbs boiling water, approximately
walnuts for topping, optional

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour and cocoa. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cornflakes. Spoon mounds of mixture onto a greased oven tray, gently pressing the mixture together. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. When cold ice with chocolate icing.

To make the chocolate icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Add butter and essence. Add sufficient boiling water to mix to a spreadable consistency. Decorate with a walnut if desired.

Makes 20.

jessie981, Feb 19, 1:19am
Honey & Rice bubble Slice
125gr butter
125gr sugar
2TBSPs either honey or golden syrup
Boil gently 5 mins, remove from heat & stir in 4c ricebubbles

Have you checked out the l/h message board to see if there are recipes for children!

This is really easy - Chocolate Crunch
125gr butter
1c coconut
1TBSP cocoa
1c flour
1/2c sugar
tsp vanilla essence
Melt butter & pour over dry ingredients. Press into a roll tin
Bake 20 -30 mins @ 180.
Cut while warm & ice when cold. She can sprinkle choc hail, 100s & 1000s etc over the icing

tjman, Feb 19, 2:07am
What about toasted Club Sandwiches.She can make up what she wants to put in them.Add a bit of fancy toothpicks to hold them together.It'll be like being at a cafe!

tarshlove, Feb 19, 2:08am
Yeah she got a dora toasted sammy maker from xmas so she's kinda over that and wants to do Baking lol

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:22am
Coffee cup recipe; 4tbls flour, 4tbls sugar, 2 tbls cocoa, 1 egg, 3 tbls milk,3 tbls oil, 3 tbls choc chips, splash of vanilla, 1 large coffee mug. Add dry ingredients to mug & mix well. Add egg & mix thoroughly. Pour in milk & oil & mix well. Add chocolate chips & vanilla & mix again. Put mug in microwave for 3 mins (1000w). The cake will over the top of the mug but don't worry! Allow to cool a little, then turn out onto a plate, & eat with ice cream. YUMMY!

Quotelibra071 (15 )10:43 pm, Thu 15 Oct #2

tarshlove, Feb 19, 2:25am
Hahaha she's a pretty grown up kid she usually make truffles but has done them too many times I think. Will try the good old Rice Bubble Crunch
I have the old edmonds cookbook will have a geeze through that now. Thanks heaps :o)

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:26am
what about pancakes, omlettes piklets!

tarshlove, Feb 19, 2:33am
mmmm Piklets NOM NOM but you HAVE to have cream on top and I don't have any here :o(

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:35am
heres another 1 I have saved but not made.

3 Ingredient Pineapple cake is wonderfull Finally got around to making it, it sure tastes wonderfull. for those who havent tried. 2 cups self raising flour, 1 cup sugar, one 450 grm can crushed pineapple. MIx wet into dry. I needed about a tablespoon extra water. Bake in a ring tine at 180- 35-40 mins. Yummmy

I would sprinkle the top with a cinnamon and sugar mix
chucked in a banana and some cinnamon

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:43am
Bliss Balls

1 C chopped Dates
1 C Raisins
70g Walnuts
1 Tspn Cocoa
1 Tspn Butter
1 tspn Milk
1 tspn Van Ess
Coconut to roll in

Place all into food processor and whiz till smooth.
Roll into balls. Making sure you dip your hands in cold water to stop it sticking to your hands!
Roll in coconut and place in fridge.

This is great but would add cookie crumbs to tone down the sweetness!

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:45am
have you got a blender! She could make smoothies for pudding or brunch!
Ice cream, bananas, berries, milk and cookies if ya dare!

tarshlove, Feb 19, 2:46am
I'm sorry but what is l/h message boards!

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:47am
tarshlove, what can she and can she not use in the kitchen! How much help do you give here so I can find some more to post!

tarshlove, Feb 19, 2:48am
mmm Why wait till then that sounds fab NOW lol I have some chocolate coconut Ice cream and berries in the freezer, Banana's on bench, Milk in fridge and cookies in the cupboard. Off I go tehe.

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:50am
hehehehe

hahahaha

you go girl!

You have a star cook in da makin!

tarshlove, Feb 19, 2:51am
Well she cooks Nacho's for dinner by herself makes tosted sammies, she knows how to use the microwave, oven, blender, wizz, stove tops she really is a mini mum lol. She has her own apron, tea towel and oven mit set too lol I help If she asks me otherwise I get told off

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:55am
but more importantly, she has a taste tester!

wahahahaha

lx4000, Feb 19, 2:56am
tarshlove my goodness, she sound just like I was (at that age!)hahahaha Leave me alone me cookin!

tarshlove, Feb 19, 3:01am
yeah she a freak so very very independent! She even loves peeling spuds for dinner I mean who enjoys that i hated it! I guess when she HAS to do it she wont like it lol