Valentines dessert help!

oli3, Feb 13, 1:22am
My man and I challenged each other to cook something nice for Valentines from whatever is already in the house (trying to save $$ on a supermarket trip).He's on main and I'm on dessert.What should I cook???He loves old fashoined stodgy stuff - (lol) like rice pudding or bread and butter pudding.I have a white bread cob loaf in the freezer otherwise only grainy bread.Any recipe suggestions for bread and butter pudding or anything else I could make?I have the usual cupboard stuff, plenty of eggs etc.TIA

angel21_01, Feb 13, 2:28am
do u have cream?i have lovely creme brulee recipe dh loves it but normally doesnt do custard so thats saying something

olwen, Feb 13, 2:39am
My mother used to cook queen pudding.I didn't like it then, but it is a sort of more elegant bread and butter pudding and if he likes that sort of pudding it would be good.

Here's Delia's recipe.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/meringue/queen-of-puddings.html

angel21_01, Apr 14, 2:13am
here is the recipe for Crème Brûléefom world kitchen tv show
please not this makes about 8 ramekins

Crème Brûlée (burnt cream)
This is a fantastic dessert that is easy and delicious. They are best made the day before and the tops “burnt” 30 minutes before your guests arrive.

Makes 8 x150ml ramekins.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes

You will need:
800ml cream
6 Tbsp caster sugar
8 egg yolks
1 vanilla pod, split
Extra caster sugar

What to do: Pre-heat oven to 150C. Heat cream + vanilla pod in a pot to near boiling. While this is happening whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until they are pale, light and creamy. Add the hot cream slowly to the egg/sugar mix, whisking at the same time if you can. Work quickly so that you don’t get lumps. Pour this mixture into small ramekins or one large dish.
Place the ramekins in a roasting dish and then carefully pour some boiling water into the dish so that the water level comes up to 2/3 of the sides of the ramekins.
Carefully put the whole roasting dish into the oven (don’t slop the water into the desserts!) at 150C to slowly bake and set the crème brûlée – about 30-40 minutes. This method of cooking is called a “water bath”. When they are cooked they will still be a bit soft but on cooling in the fridge they will set more firmly.

Once cold, sprinkle caster sugar over the top in a thin layer and put them under a very hot grill and watch them carefully until they just begin to bubble and burn. Refrigerate again for 15-30minutes.
They are ready to serve.