Avocado lover's dessert treat

vamps72, Dec 5, 10:15pm
heres a recipe for you to try,
avocado and lime cheesecake (pie)
base.... one packet gingernuts crushed and 100g butter.

topping.... rind and juice of 2-3 limes,
250ml cream chese,
1 avocado mashed,
1/2 a tin condensed milk.

melt the butter mix in biscuits crumbs and line a 20cm greased tin, put in fridge to chill,

mix the filling and pour over the buscuit base and the chill for at least one hour before serving.

rover48, Dec 5, 10:34pm
Great I am going to make this for something different tonight for pud!!

vamps72, Dec 5, 10:41pm
lol thought it might go down with someone on here, it is out of a new cook bookcalled "plenty" it is a collection of recipes from the bay of plenty, well written and beautiful pictures. most the meals in it are from the best cafes in the region but others have added to the book as well.

margyr, Dec 5, 10:48pm
this is yummy also; Avocado Pie; make a biscuit crust, malt biscuits crush up and mix with butter, press this into a pie tin or cake tin, bring it up the sides. filling;1 mashed avocado 1/4 cup lemon juice combine this with 2 beaten egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 tin condensed milk, 1/2 tsp salt, pour this into your pie crust and bake for 15-20 mins at 165. Topping; mix 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, dont worry that it will be grainy as it is smooth as. I have made this basic recipe without the avocado and used blueberries, strawberries, the only fruit that did not work in it was kiwi fruit.
Quote margyr (461 )11:50 am, Mon 5 Apr #3

lyndyhopper, Dec 6, 9:59am
How sweet is it vamps, and can you taste the avy

vamps72, Oct 2, 8:58am
have no idea so Lyndyhopper as i dnt like avo's but the picture in the book makes it look sooo yummy (may make it in the next few days for the inlaws as they love avo's if it gets the tick from them all good