Bread maker

elleg1, Feb 11, 10:43pm
I have recently had to replace my old breadmaker with a new Tefal brand but haven't had a good loaf yet. If anyone has one of this brand could you please give me your recipe.

pickles7, Feb 11, 11:23pm
It maybe your yeast. I have had a bread maker for 10 years. My bread is not turning out as good as it used to. I put it down to the yeast and bought a jar of bread improver, The next time I buy yeast I will buy the yeast without, the yeast food. My bread has been turning out a lot better. 2 tsp sure to rise 1 tsp bread improver, to 4 cups of flour, 2 Tbsp milk powder, 2 Tbsp soft butter, 2 tsp sugar, 1 & 1/2 tsp salt, 350 mils of warm water.
The recipe is suited to all bread makers, just put the ingredients in in the right order for your machine.

nimmicky, Feb 12, 12:00am
I bought a tefal and wasn't happy with the first couple of loaves, then tried a recipe from trademe, and have had brilliant bread ever since.

elleg1, Feb 12, 1:29am
Thank you both,which recipe did you use nimmicky?

chikky, Nov 23, 3:49am
Im hauling this thread out of the archives because ,
1. I would like to know how long does your bread maker bread last
2. How do I keep my bread from becoming rock hard over night
3.If I change the butter to Marge will it change the taste
The bread tastes really nice , but the next day i cant bite it, it is so hard.
I have tried varying the way i add the ingredients (Sanyo Factory Plus) but this has not made any difference.
Sanyo recipe:
1 cup plus 2 tblspn of lukewarm water (have tried varying temps)
3 1/4 cups high grade flour
1 1/2 tespn salt
2 tblspn white sugar
1 tblspn dry milk powder
1 1/2 tblspn butter or marge
3 level tespn of edmonds surebake yeast .

stoats, Nov 23, 5:40am
I have been making bread in our Panasonic breadmaker (one of the very first of that brand & far better than the new ones)for well over 20 years when the family was home we made at least a loaf a day, now they have all long gone (married with breadmakers of their own) we might make 2 - 3 loaves a week,with this recipe I use which I have adapted over the years the bread is still fresh & is perfect to be used to make sandwhiches for at least 4 days if there is any left.
Recipe:
3 good cups high grade flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp whole milk powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 tsp red top yeast
1 Tbsp oil (we just tip some in)
roughly 10 to 12 fluid ozs hot water (yes I use hot water)
If the dough is not very soft just keep adding water until it is, this is the secret to a good sized very light loaf, sometomes mine looks really slusshy bit it comes out great. I don't have any special order to put the ingrediants into the pan except the flour first.

chikky, Nov 23, 9:28am
thank you stoats .

cgvl, Nov 23, 10:23am
chikky wrote:
Im hauling this thread out of the archives because ,
1. I would like to know how long does your bread maker bread last

about 3-4 days

2. How do I keep my bread from becoming rock hard over night

I wrap in a clean tea towel, top can become a bit hard but reat of loaf fine

3.If I change the butter to Marge will it change the taste

No it wont, I use oilif no butter.

The bread tastes really nice , but the next day i cant bite it, it is so hard.
I have tried varying the way i add the ingredients (Sanyo Factory Plus) but this has not made any difference.

I find the bread doesn't seem to stay as fresh as bought bread but then we tend to use ours for toast more than fresh bread.

roz12, Nov 24, 12:27am
i use a real basic recipie
4 cups flour
2 tsp yeast
1 and half tsp salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup warm water
three quarters cup of milk

works in any bread maker and makes a 1kg loaf

lisabayaud, Nov 24, 12:29am
Hi, also adding 1/2 a vitamin c tablet, crushed up, with the yeast really helps with it rising too :-)