Lunchbox baking

Page 2 / 6
fruitluva2, Oct 27, 9:38am
... ...

diz_fullah, Oct 28, 3:05am
O. My. Lord... those p. nut butter cookies are the BOMB... lol. I really hate p. nut butter but golly gosh the cookies r great! =)

rrrg, Oct 28, 3:16am
stormbaby... can you post the bread roll recipe... thanks

crispybasher, Oct 28, 3:58am
ok, im new to this computer thing please sum1 tell me what bumping is? . . sorry to be so dim

melford, Oct 28, 10:42am
thanks doree36 your carmel biscuits are great and they turned out successfully even though I made them gluten free - all I had to do was increase the baking powder by 1 tsp and I used olivani as we are dairy free too

diz_fullah, Oct 28, 7:36pm
Bumping is... to get the thread back to the top of the list, so it doesnt get lost, & so everyone else can view without having to search for it. =)

lindyjack, Nov 3, 9:10am
to good to lose ... . .

jenna68, Nov 11, 5:44pm
pp... pp

jenna68, Nov 14, 7:25pm
ppp ppp

teddybear9, Nov 15, 4:34am
Anyone know how to disguise mince I have one child out of three that is real fussy, so was hoping for sum ideas to make mince more interesting as we all like apart from him.

darlingmole, Nov 19, 8:20pm
teddybear My # 3 kid loathed mince as a littlie - but it was amazing that if you served it with corn chips/sourcream/cheese how much better it went down! And these days if it's in a tortilla with salad she'll eat it. You could also try mini meatballs with the child favourite dip?

midwitch, Nov 20, 11:28pm
Probably been done but some of these threads are too long to wade through. Anyway my kids think they are hard done by because they have to eat home baked sweets for lunch, hahahaha. I bake twice a week, and pretty much use same stuff, rotating them: Canadian shortbread, anzac biscuits, pikelets, peanut butter cookies, chocolate brownie, choc chip cookies and breakfast muesli slice. All make large quantities (the cookies make 4-6 doz) as I have seven kids and three adults to bake for. I dont like sticky oriced things that will melt and get messy. Am very interested in other ideas. If anyone wants any of my recipes I will gladly post. TIA.

goldgurl, Nov 20, 11:31pm
*puts hand up* Chocolate Brownies sound good and the peanut butter cookies please... I'm slack, everything is bought from the shop... I'm darn good at baking, just can't be bothered but I am always meaning too... :) TIA

bunny51, Nov 20, 11:47pm
All the recipes sound good I am always on the lookout for recipes that give large quantities because we have 6 kids and a very hungry hubby

levite, Nov 21, 12:18am
yes please... . . got 7 kids to satisfy choc brownie, canadian shortbread recipes would be handy thankyou. I make fudgecake for a treat now and then (with the crushed biscuits) its a real hit with all my adult friends aswell. Quick as to make if u would like recipe let me know.

sumstyle, Nov 21, 12:27am
I bumped the biscuits and slices thread for you. I know you mentioned it takes a while to troll thru stuff in threads, but why double up if a recipe's already been posted?

midwitch, Nov 21, 12:30am
Peanut butter cookies: Blend (actually I only have an egg beater, but it does the trick) 3/4 cup peanut butter (I use the last of the jar that no one wants), 1/2 cup butter (I think thats about 150g), 1 and 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3 T milk, 1 t vanilla, 1 large egg, 1 and 3/4 cup flour, 3/4 t salt and 3/4 t baking powder. I mix butter, peanut butter and sugar first then slowly add the rest as I mix. Roll into balls and flatten. Bake on 180 dgrees for 10-20 minutes. Yummy. However, be warned it makes about 4-5 dozen and my kids get sick of them before they are gone, so in future I will freeze half the mix.

midwitch, Nov 21, 12:32am
Divine choc chip cookies I freeze half this mix for later use also. Sometimes I put M&M choc drops, or chopped apricots or glace cherries, but plain choc drops are the favourites: Cream 500g butter with 1 cup sugar and one tin condensed milk. Sdd 1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup choc drops and 4 cups flour. I use my beater. Feels way too moist, but its not. Shape into balls, flatten and bake at 120 degrees for about 15 minutes. Makes 4-6 dozen and DIVINE!

midwitch, Nov 21, 12:34am
Canadian shortbread - never fails And slightly different! Cream 500g butter with 1. 5 cups brown sugar and 1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup. Add 4. 5 cups flour. I use my beater for everything, cant be bothered with a spoon. Roll and cut into shapes. Bake at 150 degrees for 20 minutes till lightly golden brown (traditional shortbread is too easy to overcook but this one is supposed to be slightly brown due to sugar/maple syrup). Makes 4-6 dozen and the kids love making it themselves. Cannot fail!

midwitch, Nov 21, 12:37am
Fudgy brownies Beat 1/4 cup cocoa powder with 1/2 cup oil till smooth. Beat 2 eggs till frothy, add 1 cup sugar and 1 t vanilla. Pour into oil/cocoa mixture. FOld in 3/4 cup flour, touch of salt and 1/c cup choc drops. Optional: walnuts or other nuts. Bake at 150 degrees for 30 mins. Its a lovely consistancy for lunchboxes. But be careful not to overcook - the skewer test should come out damp not dry like a cake.

midwitch, Nov 21, 12:40am
Thanks sumstyle I have no problem with doubled-up posting. I am after lunchbox friendly recipes that feed a crowd and dont cost a fortune to make and that others with lots of kids have found good value. Never hurts to have several people recommend something before you go to the effort to try it huh? Really cant be bothered trolling through 300+ posts for 3-4 that might suit my family though, thanks anyway.

goldgurl, Nov 21, 5:02am
OMG midwitch... EVERYTHING you have posted sounds tooo damn YUMMY! ! ! ! Sorry I haven't been any help to you but I am definately going to be trying out ALL of your recipies... love the fact that you can freeze the dough... and that they make 4-5 doz... I can't be bothered half the time, so would be fantastic to get 4-5 doz done and freeze most of it. Well done, and thank you again :)

cautis, Nov 21, 10:42pm
post 9 Do we add baking powder to this? Or use self-raising flour?

goldgurl, Nov 22, 8:45am
neither Cautis... I'm pretty sure brownie recipies are made with plain flour... but maybe someone can correct me lol.

jenna68, Nov 22, 8:18pm
e... e