Mayonnaise made with sweeten condesed milk

jojonz1, Jan 27, 6:23pm
Remember making this years ago but have forgotten how much vinager to put in, I seem to think is it 1 cup vinager and a teaspoon of mustard.Please correct me if I'm wrong,thanks

auntlb, Jan 27, 7:06pm
sounds about right to me - the mustard amount depends on your personal taste - try 1/2 tsp then add a touch more until it is right.I add equal amounts of cond milk and vinegar

margyr, Jan 27, 7:10pm
I empty the tin of condensed milk then fill it with vinegar mix all around to get all the milk out, add 1 tsp dry mustard to the milk then pour in the vinegar and mix.

sue1955, Jan 27, 7:24pm
Here's the recipe off the can -

beat 1 can Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk
1tsp salt
1c vinegar
2tsp dry mustard all together
Leave a few minutes to thicken
Store covered in the fridge

olwen, Jan 27, 8:09pm
We never measured it and always made it as we used it.We would tip some condensed milk into a small jug.The open condensed milk was kept in the fridge.In those pre-teartab and pre.gladwrap daysthe tin was only half opened so it was sort of covered.Then we would add a little dry mustard -- can't remember how much we used, but we may have measured it with the mustard spoon because we had a couple, and added vinegar until the consistency and taste was right.

julie28, Jan 27, 11:27pm
You can use Malt or White Vinegar also

jojonz1, Jan 28, 12:13am

ansypansy1, Jan 26, 7:30am
Here's a recipe that makes it go further.

Beat two egg whites till stiff. Add the yolks and beat again.
Add a tin of Condensed milk, 3/4 cup maalt vinegar, tsp salt and tsp mustard. Beat again till thick and creamy.
Makes almost a quart preserving jar.
Keep in the fridge.
It will separate in the fridge, so before using, stir to combine again.
If it gets too thick, add some milk to the quantity you are going to use for the day.
Yumm.

stoats, Jan 26, 7:01pm
This is my one I have used for 40 odd years.
1/2 can condensed milk
4 oz vinegar
4 oz oil
1 tsp dry mustard
small tsp salt
pepper
1 egg yoke (most of the time I use a whole egg)
Give it a good beating with a whisk until it thickens then put into a bottle or container, it will thicken up more when in the fridge, my kids & grand children love it.

wheelz, Jan 26, 7:30pm
1 can Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk
1tsp salt
1c vinegar
1tsp dry mustard
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
shake all together in jar/ container it will be stored in.

wizardoo, Jan 26, 8:06pm
Dont use plain pack condensed milk I find it does not set as good and makes a bit runnier mayo. I only use this mayo I dont put an egg in it as it does not keep as long.

jojonz1, Jan 27, 6:23pm
Remember making this years ago but have forgotten how much vinager to put in, I seem to think is it 1 cup vinager and a teaspoon of mustard.Please correct me if I'm wrong,thanks

sue1955, Jan 27, 7:24pm
Here's the recipe off the can -

beat 1 can Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk
1tsp salt
1c vinegar
2tsp dry mustard all together
Store covered in the fridge

olwen, Jan 27, 8:09pm
We never measured it and always made it as we used it.We would tip some condensed milk into a small jug.The open condensed milk was kept in the fridge.In those pre-teartab and pre.gladwrap daysthe tin was only half opened so it was sort of covered.Then we would add a little dry mustard -- can't remember how much we used, but we may have measured it with the mustard spoon because we had a couple, and added vinegar until the consistency and taste was right.