Need to lose weight or maintain loss? Volume 7

Page 8 / 15
fastlanenz, Feb 19, 7:34pm
Bumping for a shiny, sparkly new day!

Pats3, water will help with you staying focussed and making good choices.It will also be flushing toxins out of your system.2 litres is a lot to get thru.Easier in this weather, than in the winter though!

Had a yummy fruit salad at lunch yesterday: sliced pears, peaches, plums with passionfruit spooned over. All except plums from our garden, the passionfruit are a real treat, great harvest this year.

Do you get out to the beach at Waikanae Mary?Hope the weather is good for you there.

Good luck to Ali and Toady households for start of uni week, and any others on here.Off to do some more housework, oh the joy!!!!

fastlanenz, Feb 20, 6:51pm
bumps for monday morning.The scales are showing I've undone some good work, so time to get drinking more water, water, water!Last night I felt like cooking something different, so made little thai fish cakes, along with little curried potato & carrot fritters, with sweet chilli sauce and a chilli sour cream dipping sauce, along with dishes of sliced veges, fruits (pear & watermelon), perfect for dinner outside on a warm night.Lovely to have Mr 9 home from camp, he had a great time, and loves his sparkly clean room!

charlieb2, Feb 20, 9:53pm
pats, I actually find water easiest to drink at room temperature.. and with a few slices of lemon thrown in.2 litres is heaps if you are not a 'water drinker' I'd ease myself into it slowly. lol.

Fastey, sounds like full steam ahead at your place.Glad your young man enjoyed his camp.Will be interesting to see how my youngest copes with his first school camp next term.He's only ever been on scout camp with his brother, so it will be a bit different. Although he is confident at the moment!

We've had a lovely weekend away camping on at a lake.Had an awesome time, but we are all pretty tired as we didnt want to leave and consequently got home quite late.Good news is I've lost my gain and am working on a loss for official wednesday weigh-in! lol.Been walkies this morning...Got heaps of camping related tidying up to do, so best get on with it.I'm onto load three of washing.. lol

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 10:04pm
Fastie - very impressed with the gardening efforts - and results - from you and Michelle. I've just dug out my damn courgette plant that gave me lots of leaves and male flowers - and NO courgettes.
I've been doing intermittent fasting over the weekend with good results. I'll do that for 3 days a week and eat back to my normal on the other 4 days. Good to mix things up a bit.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 20, 10:53pm
don't know why but I have been hungry all morning.
I think I have spent the entire morning thinking about food and waiting for lunch time,which thankfully is nearly here

charlieb2, Feb 21, 10:50am
hope the hunger pangs eased dorothy!

So funny, I just had a wee protest over that stoopid 'stack of' place.... as I see they are still copying anything.i started a thread on here then when it appeared 'over there' I protested about them stealing our stuff... within minutes I was blocked from the site.. cant get on at all.. Oh well.. hopefully they will block all my posts and I wont end up on their stinky website.

marywea, Feb 21, 8:01pm
Julia, love your Max, he looks so cuddly. Pleased to see you posting and that all is well. Ali hope you have a good time wherever you are going-have you been happy with your Wgtn shoes? It is 8 weeks today since diet started and the loss is 7.5 KG so I am happy with that. 87.8 to 80.3 so there isn't a lot of visual difference. Andrea, the Kapiti coast is rather boring-no bays, just sand as far as the eye can see and almost no action on the water. Walking on the beach is only good when with the children who are usually looking for something on the sand. Son will likely set crab "pots"so that will be something to watch. They also go to the river mouth to spear flounder and catch kawhai but I have yet to do that.The bach is only a 5 min stroll.The swimming pool complex is great and well patronised. I enjoy getting the garden to rights, reading a book or just talking! not a big beach sitter. I awai the weigh-in results tomorrow.

charlieb2, Feb 21, 8:03pm
Mary, well done, thats an excellent result!!!

The bach sounds great.. enjoy.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 22, 6:21pm
charlieb I hope you and all your family/friends are safe.
Words feel inadequate to me,but please know that Canterbury is in our thoughts.

weigh in seems trivial at the moment but I did.recorded a loss of 500 grams,so a total loss of 1.9 kilos

alewis, Feb 24, 11:17am
well done to all those with losses, and mary thats just marvelous 7.5 kgs, thats a few pats of butter well done, you must be feeling it in the clothes you are wearing.dorothy theres nothing wrong with 500 gms. and just about 2 kgs as well. pats 3.8 is really good as well.
Have just returned from chch - heartbreaking and hugs and hugs and hugs, when you get to read this charlie girl this will be on the front page. hugs again

charlieb2, Feb 27, 1:28am
Hey everyone!! Safe and well and freshly showered. Having lunch at Dads.. No power or water.. but we are ok!! will log in when I can.... take care and hug your lufflies... xxx

510, Feb 27, 2:26am
So great to see you back on here Charlie,cyber hugs to you & all your family

510, Feb 27, 2:36am
Great weight losses on here, congrats to everyone.
I take daily medication that hashelped contributeto my weight gain.
Tomorrow I have an appointment to see what my alternatives are.At the same time I also take resposibility for it is as well,weight gain is a well documented side effect.Some times with medical problems one has to make choices and my choice has been to accept being over weight, but I don't like the restrictions that being over weight causes

deludedmunchkin, Feb 27, 3:42am
Hi all, was wondering if I could join your group/thread here?
Im trying to lose some excess weight. Im 22, have an 8 month old girl, Im 5ft4 and 2 weeks ago weighed 90kgs with a BMI of 33 (way overweight).
2 weeks ago I started a diet of sorts and more exercise. My diet consists of very little junk (except for the occasional treat), I have 1500 calories a day of food, sometimes over lol, and just need to burn more than I consume.
In the 2 weeks Ive been exercising and dieting I have already lost 9.5 kgs.
I was so proud when I weighed myself this morning and got 80.5kgs as my weight reading. It means my BMI is now 30. Still overweight but getting on track now. I want to get to 65kgs either by the end of June (thats my super want goal but not worried if I dont) and my backup is by christmas because I know I may not be able to keep up a steady weight loss.

So proud of all of you on your weight loss journeys! Well done all!

alewis, Feb 27, 10:11am
welcome deludedumunchkin (btw anyway to shorten your name!!) and well done. sounds like you are doing all the right things, how about starting to have a great walk with baby in pram, do a circut that will also assist, weight watchers always encourages excercise the more excercise you do the more you can throw into your gob.
have just come back from crowded house concert at villa maria - just love that group, when they did their pre sale didnt know if we were going to be around to see it but as it turns out we were here tonight, got bronze tickets so went with people whom were seated as well so we picniced through super groove and then got to our seats marvelous had a lovely time.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 27, 6:44pm
back from my weekend away,too scared to get on the scales!!!!!
I think I will wait until weigh in Wednesday morning lol

dorothy_vdh, Mar 1, 6:35pm
My 3rd grandchild was born at 11.57 pm 2 weeks early and weighing 6.5lbs.
She is absolutely perfect and so beautiful.
Welcome Indie Rose

510, Mar 1, 8:21pm
Dorothy,congratsfor yor your new granddaughter & welcome to Indie Rose, love the names.Yesterday I visited our 2 week old grand nephew, he's goregeous.

alewis, Mar 1, 9:19pm
congrats dorothy lovely name. reporting in at 81.1 sor 1.3 up from 2 weeks ago, still down from the big start total but no where near as good as the first week when I tortured myself with the maple sryup.

marywea, Mar 1, 10:01pm
Dorothy, hope all continues well for Indie Rose. Hope your weigh in has a result better than you think. I am happy with mine-1.1 in 8 days taking me from 87.8 to 79.2 in 9 weeks.Having been away I have missed my daily weigh. Ali, do you see better opportunities ahead for eating more to your choice?Came back for Bridge and the jolt last night and will return to Waikanae this am till Friday. I am loving being with the wee boys. Family expect their house to be ready by then. Son and DiL sold their house very quickly and have till June 3rd to buy or find a rental in Khandallah. Del, haven't you done well, what a fantastic effort and result.Sounds like you are on the right track now just the "wee" matter of staying focused, so hard to do but you must be so spurred on with the very positive result. Do keep reporting in as that helps us all. Ann, weight gain through medication is such a pain and makes loosing it double hard. Be happy.

alewis, Mar 2, 3:19am
ÿou skinny thing Mary!! - hope the wellington earthquake was a one off, we just cant tell can we, and the ferry that got hit with the freak wave was at the bottom of a trough in the harbour, bad luck and bad conditions didnt make for a safe crossing for some. have just had a sleep antibiotics finish tomorrow night so will make appoint ment first thing friday if no better have only got to wed before we fly out to canada and its bloody cold there. had a text from Charlie girl this am and she has power but no water or internet yet, there are a lot of eye infections and tummy bugs starting in chch - the liqiuidfaction is turning into dust so going everywhere, I just dont see a short term relief of knock on effects for chch people. all we can do is give a cyber hug from here.

charlieb2, Mar 4, 4:23am
hey everyone!!! I'm back! Albeit on dial up....

sounds like everyone is well.... and Mary, great losses...

Have been losing here too... so all good.

Take care all

fastlanenz, Mar 4, 4:53am
**dancing with joy to have Charlie back on the boards**welcome back buddy xx

charlieb2, Mar 4, 5:55am
aww thanks my luffly... just going to read all your threads... looks like you been a busy girl

alewis, Mar 4, 6:31am
welcomes charliegirl with open arms and sloppy kisses xoxoxoxo - dial up is still a link to the outside world. how goes the water? how far are you for that to come on line?