Your favourite juicer recipes please...

petal-pickle, Jan 13, 1:44am
Hi, have just bought a juicer and would like to know which combinations are really nice, would prefer vegetable juice recipes over fruit, thanks!!

sumstyle, Jan 13, 4:27am
beetroot and carrot, with apple to bulk it out.

melford, Jan 13, 10:38am
petal-pickle. We juice absolutely everything from the garden eg silverbeet, lettuce, cabbage, brocolli, tomatoes, carrots, apples, beans, spinach. We always add root ginger to the mix. We also add oranges, mandarins kiwi fruit lemons to the vegetables depending what is in thr fruit bowl. We feel 100% better after we have had our juice, it gives a real kick and we can be sure we are having our daily intake of fresh vegetables if we just have an easy meal for dinner eg rice and chicken.

clint.hamilton, Jan 13, 12:04pm
Sounds yuck but here is my morning wake up call. 1 raw potatoe, 1 raw broccoli, 1 tomato, 1 onion, a handful of beans, a clove of garlic, a knob of butter, a tad of ginger. A great twang if you like. A kick if you will. Delish. *leaves to make the exact juice*

justme..., Jan 14, 7:05am
bump...
thanks so far guys, please give approximate quantities, thanks. clint, how much broccoli in that?

clint.hamilton, Jan 14, 7:20am
any amount, not crucial. Im a freestyle juicer

melford, Jan 14, 9:38am
try this, 2 carrots, 3 apples, 3 stalks celery, 1 piece of root ginger about the size of your small fingernail (unpeeled), 1 orange.

sumstyle, Jan 14, 11:20pm
Re quantities, unless you have a good garden and fruit trees etc, you will soon realise that quantities of each ingredient are often dictated by price, unless you have no budget restrictions!I really enjoy carrot juice but it takes a lot of carrots to satisfy.Mum and Dad had an apple tree, so that helped bulk things out in my juicing phase.

petal-pickle, Jan 16, 1:36am
Ok, I'm really getting into this now...incredible that some combinations that don't sound great are really delicious.I just had this:5 carrots, 1 apple,1/2 cucumber, 1/2 beetroot, 1 rib celery and about an inch of ginger, really nice, could easily put in more apple.Unsure about raw potatoes, is it really ok to eat them raw?This is so much quicker than preparing a meal too!!

sumstyle, Feb 4, 6:54am
Remember that you are missing out on the fibre content though.