Tips for cinnamon oysters,

debudder, Jan 6, 11:36pm
Mine just flopped badly again

bellyatobhs, Jan 7, 6:50am
firstly make sure you egg and sugar are miked well and should be pale in colour, sift all dry ingredients and fold in gently with a large metal spoon, fan bake for 12mins and rest for a good 5min before turning out.
I used to cook mine on bake but the last few times I have used fan bake and they have turned out really well. I made some the other day and they were light and fluffy, keep at it you will get the right formula :)

debudder, Jan 7, 10:15am
Thanks for that, I did finally get one batch right and yes it was when I turned my oven on to fan bake.

drofla.aviaries, Jan 8, 7:04am
x1
My mum makes the lightest cinnamon oysters..she sifts the dry ingredients 3-4 times.

lisa_marie40, Jan 8, 7:31am
any chance of a recipe? thanks

amanda_simonp, Jan 8, 8:31am
they are in the Edmonds book - my husband loves them - however I have never made them and dont even knowwhat they look like - what do you bake them in do you know?

bellyatobhs, Jan 8, 7:43pm
My mum used to make her's in patty tins which were more of a round shape, I just use muffin tins and increase my recipe by a half so I get nice size sponges.

guest, Jul 22, 10:33am
I found that if you follow the recipes that say to sprinkle the tins with flour and caster sugar before spooning in the mixture are not so good. I made some cinnamon oysters today, and the first batch stuck to the tin. The next batch I made I skipped this step and they were delicious, and light as air. They came straight out of the tin simply by turning it upside down. Delicious. Also, for a really light and fluffy sponge, sifting 2 or 3 times helps, as does beating the egg, sugar and golden syrup together for about 5 minutes. the mixture should fall from the beater in ribbons, and float on the surface for a few seconds before sinking.