Cinnamon Scrolls

bubbles61, Apr 9, 1:29am
Please help, how do you make them look all pretty and glossy? My mum used to make them look beautiful but i cant for the life of me remember how.

lurtz, Apr 9, 1:37am
Australian WW.
1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon hot water. Stir to dissolve.
Remove from oven and brush with glaze.
I hope this helps.

lurtz, Apr 9, 1:38am
Sorry, amend those ingredients.

I tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon gelatine, 1 tablespoon hot water.

bubbles61, Apr 9, 2:08am
Thanks Lurtz, but i dont have any gelatine and im not walking back into town hahahaha... ...

lurtz, Apr 9, 2:23am
Fair enough. Ihave used icing sugar, and water, or milk. Make it runny enough to brush on. It's not a clear and glossy glaze; more whitish and shiny, but very nice. You could flavour it with vanilla also. Hope this helps

elliehen, Apr 9, 2:28am
For savoury rolls, I use egg yolk whipped with a fork and painted on with a pastry brush - or fingers! It bakes to a golden gloss... wonder if it would work with the sweet rolls? Can't see why not...

lurtz, Apr 9, 2:37am
What a good idea elliehen:-)I use an egg glaze on savouries and bread, so why not on sweet things. I suppose that if a glaze is being used to sweeten baked things slightly, a little sugar or icing sugar could be added to the egg.

cookessentials, Apr 9, 2:59am
often warmed and sieved apricot jam is used as a glaze for tarts and the like. i never bother to seive it though.

rog.e, Apr 9, 3:04am
This recipe for Raisin and Custrd Snail Buns uses egg wash for glazing. See in recipe ingredients.
http://jodelibakery.netfirms.com/bread/snail_buns/snail_buns
.htm

bubbles61, Jan 13, 6:00am
awwww thanks so much for the great ideas. i went with a icing sugar and milk drizzle, hubby just snuck home from work and stole one... i did get a mumbled mmmmm yum hahahahaha... so must taste alright... . will try the other ideas next time thou :-)