Pasta salad ideas please :)

oli3, Dec 20, 4:24am
I have been asked to take a pasta salad for Christmas, its not something I usually make, can someone give me a nice recipe please?Preferably one that can be made the day before and kept til following afternoon.TIA

courtney2004, Dec 20, 4:46am
Same I am thinking of a vinegarette dressing or a cooked mayo dressing here but not to sure I normally hadd saultana's, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, seaseme seeds grated carrot in mine but keen to get more tips!

rainrain1, Dec 20, 5:45am
Here's an oldie but a goodie

Macaroni Salad

1 cup macaroni
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup grated carrot
1/2cup chopped onion
1 450gram tin cream style corn
1 450gram tin crushed pineapple
4 hard boiled eggs

Dressing:-
Beat 2 eggs add:-
1tsp salt
1 tsp mustard
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tblsp flour
Bring slowly to the boil and add:-
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vinegar
Cook again then add all other ingredients
Serve cold.Good quantity

fifie, Dec 20, 5:56am
Curry Pasta Salad
2 cups spiral pasta,1 cup sultanas,1 cup grated apple, 1 cup grated carrot.1/2-1 cup roasted peanuts. 4 tablespons oil. 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons vinegar 1 teaspoon curry powder.Cook pasta in boiling water 8-10 minutes drain.While pasta cooking put oil sugar vinegar curry powder in a saucepan heat through to dissolve sugar whisking well to blend,leave to cool. In a large bowl put cooked pasta, carrot,sultanas, peanuts. Add apple last as it will go brown pour over the cooled oiled dressing and toss well to mix.Place in fridge and chill well before serving.

kiwigoldie, Dec 20, 6:32am
Heres my pasta salad
boil up half a pkt of that mixed colour spiral pasta, drain, added diced red pepper, red onion, yellow pepper,diced tomatos, dice advocados, diced cucumber, finely chopped garlic, mayonaise, diced salami and sunflower seeds, with oads of salt & Pepper(& a sprinkle of curry powder. Its really yum. Make it with a full pkt of pasta if your feeding heaps of people.

Adapted from one posted on TM -boil up a pkt of mixed colour spiral pasta, drain and cool, added diced red and yellow capsicum, red onion or spring onions,wedges of tomatos or cherry tomatoes, , finely chopped clove ofgarlic, diced salami and sunflower seeds, salt & Pepper, at the last minute add a bottle of Eta’s new ranch dressing (& a sprinkle of curry powder. Its really yum. I decorate it with slices of cucumber as we don’t like it in salads but our daughter loves it so she gets to eat the slices.

oli3, Dec 20, 4:24am
I have been asked to take a pasta salad for Christmas, its not something I usually make, can someone give me a nice recipe please!Preferably one that can be made the day before and kept til following afternoon.TIA

courtney2004, Dec 20, 4:46am
Same I am thinking of a vinegarette dressing or a cooked mayo dressing here but not to sure I normally hadd saultana's, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, seaseme seeds grated carrot in mine but keen to get more tips!

rainrain1, Dec 20, 5:45am
Here's an oldie but a goodie

Macaroni Salad

1 cup macaroni
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup grated carrot
1/2cup chopped onion
1 450gram tin cream style corn
1 450gram tin crushed pineapple
4 hard boiled eggs

Dressing:-
Beat 2 eggs add:-
1tsp salt
1 tsp mustard
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tblsp flour
Bring slowly to the boil and add:-
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vinegar
Cook again then add all other ingredients
Serve cold.Good quantity

bev00, Dec 20, 11:56am
recycling

sez_otago, Dec 20, 3:03pm
I have a food in a minute one that is super easy & yummy cook up some coloured pasta, add in some watties chuckwagon corn mix when pasta nearly cooked. Drain, rinse in cold water.
Add dressing - I use a mix of just salad dressing & ranch flavour and combine. Place a few tomatoes on top & all done.

dangerousdevil, Dec 20, 9:53pm
A simple, quick and yummy one is cook pasta and drain, Run under cold water through a sieve till cold. Cook mixed veges and do the same. Stir veges through the pasta and mix through thousand island dressing and chill. YUMMY!

sarahb5, Dec 20, 10:18pm
My pasta salad doesn't really have a recipe - it has just kind of evolved and contains whatever is to hand but usually it's rissoni, chorizo fried and then added to the pasta with the oil that comes out when you cook it, toasted pine nuts, feta, sundried or cherry tomatoes, black olives and roasted capsicum.I add everything while the pasta's still warm and then stir through some extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar - also while it's still warm as the pasta absorbs the flavours better that way.When I'm ready to serve it I add some chopped fresh herbs - usually oregano or basil and flat leaf parsley depending what's in the garden.

jan444, Dec 21, 12:32am
here is a yummy one: cook as much penne or spiral pasta as desired run under cold water, add to pasta diced tomatos, diced cucumbers, diced red onion, and cut up bits of salami, for the dressing I use the home brand french dressing pour this over mix and stir add salt and pepper to taste, any dressing can be used. this is always a hit and really easy.

merlin26, Dec 21, 1:57am
I got one off chop chop chicken can n it has become a fav in our family n so easy
One can chop chop chicken
Cherry toms
Feta cheese
All mixed in with pasta

liamjosh, Dec 21, 6:42am
Something different but very yummy.

1 packet of coloured pasta
Feta crumbled or cubed
Cashews chopped
Cherry tomatoes halved
Toss with pesto

Delicious