Baked cheesecake - care to share your favourite

deea, Dec 17, 4:33am
recipe?I have my parents coming for christmas lunch and it is their fav dessert.I have loads of recipes but would love a tired and true recipe please. Many thanks

noonesgirl, Dec 17, 4:44am
Go into l//h message board. Key in baked cheesecake, then date posted key, anytime. Heaps there

deea, Dec 17, 4:54am
OK Im a bit simple.... go where?

noonesgirl, Dec 17, 5:02am
see on left hand side of side it says message board.Says message board underneath says recipies, thenkeyword or member, then next line says date posted, then search.Ok.

lilyfield, Dec 17, 5:03am
on your left of this page is a rectangular box with message board on top.See It?
Type in baked cheesecake, below :date posted: anytime

simple enough?

deea, Dec 17, 5:19am
Yes simple enough!! Thank you not flash on the computer

cookessentials, Dec 17, 5:30am
My pecan praline is wonderful. Very rich, so you only need a small slice.

deea, Dec 17, 4:33am
recipe!I have my parents coming for christmas lunch and it is their fav dessert.I have loads of recipes but would love a tired and true recipe please. Many thanks

deea, Dec 17, 4:54am
OK Im a bit simple. go where!

lilyfield, Dec 17, 5:03am
on your left of this page is a rectangular box with message board on top.See It!
Type in baked cheesecake, below :date posted: anytime

simple enough!

deea, Dec 17, 5:19am
Yes simple enough! Thank you not flash on the computer

darkestangel1, Dec 17, 10:36am
Does anyone have any good suggestions or comments please!

skippie1, Dec 17, 10:51am
Search Alison Holst baked cheesecake, is called Dee's cheesecake. Very easy to make and very yummy.

elliehen, Dec 17, 10:51am
I have not made this, but I like the look of it :)

NIGELLA'S NEW YORK BAKED CHEESECAKE
Ingredients
250g digestive biscuit
150g butter
3 tbsps caster sugar
2 tbsps cornflour
750g soft cream cheese
6 egg yolk
2 tsps vanilla essence
150ml double cream
150ml sour cream
1 lemons, zest of
½ tsp salt
6 egg white
1 to taste icing sugar
1 to taste raspberries
1 to taste blackberries
Method
Crush the digestive biscuits to fine crumbs in a blender or food processor. Add the melted butter and sugar and mix. Press onto base of greased 24cm springform cake tin. Chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator.

Mix the cornflour with the sugar and beat in the cream cheese, egg yolks and vanilla essence with an electric mixer (or by hand).

Slowly pour in double cream and sour cream, beating constantly. Add the lemon zest.

Clean and dry your whisk. In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt to stiff peaks, then fold into the cheese mixture carefully.

Scoop cheese onto base. Bake in a 170°C oven 1 to 1½ hours without opening the oven door until golden brown on top. Turn off the heat and let the cake stand in the oven for two more hours. Open door, stand a further hour. Then chill it in the fridge.

Serve chilled, dusted with icing sugar and decorated with berries.

chasing, Dec 17, 6:02pm
I am also making cheesecake one of the deserts this Christmas but haven't decided which one. Your recipe would be appreicated.

cookessentials, Dec 18, 1:36am
Sure, will do. I have it at home, but shall post after 3pm.

janny3, Dec 18, 2:24am
I like pumpkin cheesecake.Found a recipe on the net which combines a New York style cheesecake w/ pureed pumpkin: http://www.joyofbaking.com/PumpkinCheesecake.html#ixzz1gqhsEozq