Baked cheesecake question

h-boy, May 14, 9:34pm
When I bake a cheesecake, either a big one or little ones in cupcakes the tops always crack. it still tastes as nice but doesnt look very attractive.
does any one know why it does this and how i can fix it?

tia

lilyfield, May 14, 9:51pm
that depends on the recipe. I use a German one made with quark and it does that always and is normal and supposed to be-even in the shops.

But maybe if you try a lower temperature. Or precook the pastry bottom partially , if it has one, than the filling does not take so long to set. Can't really tell without knowing your recipe

ruby19, May 14, 9:52pm
According to the Philadelphia cheese pkt,
"If cracks should appear on the surface of your baked cheesecake: do not despair. Simply top the cooled cheesecake wirth a mixture of 300ml sour cream, 2 tbsp icing sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence and bake for 10 min @ 180oC or until lightly set. "

It also mentions on tips for the best results with baked cheesecakes, not to over beat mixture, bake cheesecake in lower half of oven. Allow to cool in oven for 1 hr, with the door ajar, before chilling. Also cheese cakes prefer an oven without fan vbake if you can`t turn off fan bake lower temp by 20oC.

Since I have never baked a cheesecake, I am not sure if this info is any help to you. Hope it helps!

guest, Jan 11, 6:46am
Ah, i see. Well th'tas not too tricky at all!"

guest, Jan 13, 1:19pm
Hi. Thank you for watching and wiritng in. I've never sustituted cream cheese in this recipe. Low-fat cottage cheese that has been drained and pressed in a strainer and then whipped in a blender might work, but I've never tried it. Cool Whip is a major component of the filling and gives it shape and texture. You can substitute whipped cream, although it won't be as fluffy. Adding some gelatin to the whipped cream might help hold it. You could also try Dream.

guest, Jan 14, 9:52am
I, ??ve vraiment appre9cie9 ici, je vous reeircme since8rement de plus, attendons avec mpatience votre nouvelle pose il est mon grand plaisir de visiter votre blog et de profiter de votre excellent post ici, j'aime beaucoup vos messages, je peux sentir que vous avez paye9 beaucoup sur eux, comme tous les sens et sont tre8s utiles. Appre9ciez de votre temps, merci pour le partageJ'ai toujours suivi votre blog, j'ai appris quelques petites choses e0 partir de votre blog, tiens e0 reeircmer yo-vous, j'espe8re que vous avez un jour heureux post-Nice, j'ai aime9 la fa?on dont il est mis me9thodiquement.