homebay, Dec 16, 5:28am
Esio Yoghurt makers in supermarket.................an-
y good?????

bunny51, Dec 16, 5:30am
I have one, my kids love it.

lilyfield, Dec 16, 5:32am
yes,or a lot cheaper from a Sally Army or other second hand shop

betsy6, Dec 16, 5:52am
what is the correct way pls?my yogs come out like water...

hilt_dwane, Dec 16, 7:13am
Are you using sachets past their use by date? That will happen - been there. Alternatively, are you using hot water in the mixture? (should be cold) but use water just off the boil in which to immerse your container of yoghurt.

kiwibubbles, Dec 16, 7:45am
yep its fantastic - only $20 at Farmers at the moment I think... but yeah check out the local sally army

gardie, Dec 16, 7:45am
use the greek yoghurt mix - always thick - both hansells and easiyo brands.

eastie3, Dec 16, 7:50am
I got mine on TM for $1.50 and use it all the time.

harrislucinda, Dec 16, 8:12am
flavoroneshaveadifferenttexturebut thegreektypesarebest

245sam, Dec 16, 8:14am
harrislucinda wrote:
flavoroneshaveadifferenttexturebut thegreektypesarebest[/quote

I agree about the flavoured Easiyos - IMO some, but definitely not all, are so glue-like and not at all yoghurt like in texture.:-))

jody23, Dec 16, 8:55am
these are some instructions i got from easiyo, because i was having trouble getting it to set so sent them an email.
First of all, as the weather has been very hot lately,I would suggest that you run your cold water for a few seconds before mixing with the yogurt powder.Please do not pour the boiling water above the top of the baffle inside the Yogurt Maker before placing the jar inside, otherwise if the water is warm just pour a little less boiling water into the Yogurt Maker.Usually too much heat will cause the yogurt to curdle.

Please bear with me going over a few things that we have found can be the cause of a non set.i.e.

·First, mix the yogurt powder with 1 litre of cool drinking water (not chilled water from the fridge), then boil the water andto the top of the red baffle, place the jar inside (do not add more boiling water) and leave to set as explained below, with the following exceptions :

·In Cold Months:You can use tepid (not hot or too warm) water in the jar with the yogurt powder mix. Things work better if the chill is taken off the water.First mix the powder with cold water and then add warm water. Once mixed, boil the water for the Yogurt Maker and pour this to the top of the red baffle only, as normal.

However ……

·In Summer Months:Sometimes in the middle of a very hot summer things can get a little too hot.The trick is to pour a little less boiling water into your Yogurt Maker (say 1 cm down from the top of the baffle line) and leave to set.

·Time to Set:Also as this is a living thing the time for setting may vary, due to water or weather temperature etc.If not set in say 8 hours just leave the jar in the Yogurt Maker until set. Do not add more boiling water to the Yogurt Maker just leave to set longer(I mix my yogurt while preparing the evening meal and leave it to set until the next morning – leaving it to set 12-14 hours.)

·Sweetening:Do not add sugar to the already ‘sweetened yogurts’.If adding sugar to the plain or low fat range of yogurts please make sure it is completely dissolved before you add it to the cool water you are mixing the yogurt powder with.

·Use plain bottled water or cooled boiled water if your local water is too highly chlorinated

sorry that is long...hope it helps

homebay, Dec 17, 3:42am
Thanks to you all .......... will buy one & have a go.

guest, Sep 25, 11:59am
I love the taste of the yoghurt but i have tried a few different ways of making it. Mine tends to become stringy when spooned from the container and the texture is similiar to yoghurt. I have tried using cold water to tepid water in the mix and also bottled water but for some reason it still comes out stringy. Any help were i'm going wrong?