What to do with pork mince?!

Page 2 / 2
redflag, Mar 6, 4:10am
pork meatballs with sweet and sour sauce

fisher, Mar 6, 4:27am
I fried 500g all up with onions, fine chopped garlic and herbs from the garden , mainly sage... and then stuffed it into whole capsicums that have had the lid cut off and cleaned inside.... Into over under grill till nicely softened... Magic with rice and turmeric and peas added and stirred thru on the side..

karenz, Mar 6, 4:29am
Absolutely the best for canneloni, With 500grams of mince brown the pork in a little oil and push to one side of a frypan, cook garlic and onions, mix the pork back in and add seasonings and any herbs you like plus half a tin of tomato paste. Either defrost spinach or lightly cook your own and add to cooled mixture with a pottle of cottage chees.Stuff dried shells or cut and roll fresh pasta sheets.Make a red sauce with onions, garlic, tin of tomatoes and herbs.make a basic white sauce or buy a pottle of cream based pasta sauce. Put the tubes in a lasagne dish, pour over the red sauce then the white sauce and grate cheese over the top, Edam is good, mozzarella is better, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Also good to add a dash of white wine when you mix the pork in with the onion and garlic but not necessary.

fisher, Mar 6, 4:31am
I also like it precooked with sage, white pepper and garlic... little salt and light soy... then wrapped in spring roll wraps with pre steamed veges, like bok choy or cabbage and then add some cold cooked rice... roll it all up and deep fry till golden brown...Just need to brown as the innards are all cooked.... luvly...:}

greerg, Mar 6, 4:37am
Re the chicken mince in the food processor - I always do it that way now,The mince is ridiculously expensive and often quite fatty.I but thighs or breasts on special, process and freeze - cheaper and better quality.I think a mixture of pork and beef are much nicer in bolognaise than plain beef.

sarahb5, Mar 6, 4:42am
Traditionally in Italy spaghetti bolognese is made with pork

cookessentials, Mar 6, 6:11am
I am doing the stuffed tomato recipe from the latest AWW by Manu Feildel
They are stuffed with the poork,onion,garlic,parsley,bre-
adcrumbs nutmeg etc etc..saw the picture and was hooked, they look delicious.

didi37, Mar 6, 9:10am
I like Sophie Gray's Pork Satay Balls.
Mix up mince with sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter etc and bake in oven. Very yummy and addictive. Leftovers are great sliced up in 'meatball sandwiches".

fisher, Mar 7, 4:27am
I fried 500g all up with onions, fine chopped garlic and herbs from the garden , mainly sage. and then stuffed it into whole capsicums that have had the lid cut off and cleaned inside. Into over under grill till nicely softened. Magic with rice and turmeric and peas added and stirred thru on the side.

fisher, Mar 7, 4:31am
I also like it precooked with sage, white pepper and garlic. little salt and light soy. then wrapped in spring roll wraps with pre steamed veges, like bok choy or cabbage and then add some cold cooked rice. roll it all up and deep fry till golden brown.Just need to brown as the innards are all cooked. luvly.:}

cookessentials, Mar 7, 6:11am
I am doing the stuffed tomato recipe from the latest AWW by Manu Feildel
They are stuffed with the poork,onion,garlic,parsley,bre-
adcrumbs nutmeg etc etc.saw the picture and was hooked, they look delicious.

shedz2, Dec 14, 9:13pm
Have got some pork mince in the freezer and not sure what to do with it! Anyone got any ideas / great recipes for this! Thanks :)

spongeypud, Dec 14, 9:57pm
I'm going to make Chinese pork dumplings with mine, they are lovely. Dumpling wrappers are a godsend!

245sam, Dec 14, 10:06pm
A few more suggestions.meatballs, meat loaf, cottage pork pie - for more ideas and recipes try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using pork mince as the Keywords and Anytime as the Date posted option and/or have a look amongst the Trademe Cooks recipes that can be accessed/downloaded from:-

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/downloads.htm (scroll to the bottom of that page)

Hope that helps.:-))

ruth2bears, Dec 16, 8:54am
On Masterchef (Can't remember if it was NZ or Oz) one of the chefs/judges commented that pork mince is the absolute best to use for lasagne as the flavour is far better than beef mince.

molly37, Dec 16, 8:57am
that sounds yum, where you do get the spring roll wrappers! And Asian groceries I suspect!

kiwibubbles, Dec 16, 9:39am
I just made pork meatballs withplum sauce. quite nice - first time i had bought pork mince.

guest, Mar 17, 2:34am
Bak kwa jerky