What can I make with Pork Mince!?

sneeze04, Oct 31, 10:31pm
Looking for something yummy to make for tea with Pork Mince.Have NO idea what to make! Anyone got any recipes or ideas for me! Ta :)

carlosjackal, Oct 31, 10:45pm
Mix your pork mince with some beef mince and make a meatloaf; always make my meatloaf (and meatballs) with 50/50 pork and beef.

louisesamosa, Oct 31, 11:02pm
My girls like it made into meatballs and added to a pasta bake. Just add herbs to taste, no need for egg or breadcrumbs then cook. Yum

datoofairy, Oct 31, 11:06pm
We love pork mince added to Chinese Rice Risotto, with frozen peas and corn thrown in at the end.
Its quick and easy on sports night and is even yummier the next day.

datoofairy, Oct 31, 11:08pm
I do also sometimes make pork and onion patties, they are delicious. Or make little pork meatball to add to home made spaghetti.Very easy and pork mince can go a long way.delicious.A little pork mince can go a long way and is still nice as leftovers if you make extra.

davidt4, Oct 31, 11:08pm
Vietnamese Pork & Eggplant (Cà Tim Nuong)

serves 4

3 large eggplants
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tab peanut oil
650g minced pork
freshly ground black pepper
4 - 5 spring onions finely sliced
bunch of coriander - leaves only

Nuoc Cham:

4 cloves garlic
3 tab palm sugar
1 – 3finely chopped fresh chillis
6 - 8 tab fish sauce
6 - 8 tab lime juice (about 4 limes)

Set oven to 200C.(optional step for smoky flavour - grill eggplants over gas ring or on barbecue for about 10 min until skins are charred in places) Bake eggplants (grilled or not) for about 40 min until complete soft and collapsing.Remove to a colander, slash vertically a couple of times and leave to drain and cool.

When eggplant is cool enough to handle take flesh off skin in long segments (not too big - must be suitable for picking up with chopsticks) and arrange in a large serving dish

Make nuoc cham by pounding garlic and palm sugar in a mortar until pasty and garlic is pulverised, add chillies and pound, gradually add a few tab of lime juice to soften, then mix in most of lime and fish sauce, leaving a little for final adjustment.Taste sauce and if necessary add more lime or fish sauce - it should be bright and salty with no one flavour dominating.

In a frying pan sauté onion, garlic and oil for five minutes until softened.Add meat and stir over med. heat until completely cooked and broken up well.Add plenty of pepper. and stir in spring onions.

Spoon meat over eggplant, pour half of nuoc cham over and leave at least 30 min before serving.Coriander leaves on top.Serve tepid or warm,I prefer tepid.

Serve rest of sauce separately.

twindizzy, Oct 31, 11:09pm
Spag Bol
Old style savoury mince
Kee sing mee

davidt4, Oct 31, 11:10pm
Pork & Coconut Balls
Makes about 30
• 500g minced free range pork
• 1 shallot (or 1/2 small red onion) finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic very finely chopped
• 2T fish sauce
• 2 rounded T desiccated coconut
• A few grinds of black or white pepper
• 1 T peanut oil or coconut oil for frying

• Make the balls by combining all ingredients and mixing very thoroughly with your hands (disposable gloves are a good idea) and forming into bite size balls.  
• If making for a lunch or main course don't make them any bigger as the interior won't cook through before they burn.
• If you have time cover and refrigerate a few hours to firm up.
• Fry in a little oil over medium heat, shaking often to cook evenly.  
• Watch carefully as they won't take long and will burn readily.  
• Drain on paper towels, serve hot, warm or cold with dipping sauce.  
If you serve them as a meal, also serve a large undressed salad of soft lettuce and Asian herbs as available e.g. mint, coriander, Thai basil, dill, Vietnamese mint.

Dipping Sauce
1 clove garlic
2-3 fresh red chillies (not super-hot ones)
4-5T fish sauce
1T fresh lime juice
1T palm sugar)

• Using  a mortar and pestle or mini-blender pulverize the garlic, chilli and palm sugar, 4 tab each of fish sauce and lime juice and combine well.  
• Taste and correct balance if necessary to make a tart, salty sauce with just a trace of sweetness.

kirmag, Oct 31, 11:13pm
Thai pok mince lettuce cups!YUM a favourite in our house when we have lots of lettuce to use from the garden.

I don't know measurements cos I chuck it all in til it tastes good, but roughly

500gm Pork mince
2 teaspoons garlic
2 tsp chilli
2 tsp ginger
3 - 4cm of lemon grass
Fry garlic, chilli, giner n lemon grass for 1-2mins or until smelling good.Then add pork mince and fry til cooked.Once all done and to taste add fresh coriander or parsley leaves, a tablespoon of fish sauce, a good squeeze of lime juice and bob's ya uncle! Put in lettuce leaves and eat. I also add capsicum or sprouts or mung beans to the top just for some more crunch.

i've been doing this on for a while and originally got it off the net but probably better ones out there. Yummy and fresh tasting tho.

datoofairy, Oct 31, 11:13pm
Pork mince sticks to skewers really well, so its easy to make pork kebabs and serve them with little dipping sauces, with a side of salad and rice.My Miss 12 loves theseand its a cheap, healthy easy meal.You can add extra veges, like onion and capsicum, and mushroom, courgette etc to your kebabs too.I just add what evers cheap at the vege shop.

datoofairy, Oct 31, 11:13pm
Pork mince sticks to skewers really well, so its easy to make pork kebabs and serve them with little dipping sauces, with a side of salad and rice.My Miss 12 loves theseand its a cheap, healthy easy meal.You can add extra veges, like onion and capsicum, and mushroom, courgette etc to your kebabs too.I just add what evers cheap at the vege shop.

For dipping sauces, just use what ever you have.Little bowls of soya sauce, sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, mayo,what ever your family likes.Garlic, sesame oiland salt is yummy.

tarshlove, Nov 1, 1:01am
meatballs in tuscany tomato and garlic sauce, wong tongs or spring rolls

davidt4, Nov 1, 3:38am
Love it!That's what I'm going to call them from now on.