Edmonds yeast info please

verrans, Dec 12, 4:07am
x1
Hi, have looked on their website and its the one product I can't find. Is the Instant dry yeast in sachets, the same as active yeast, or surebake yeast please? Or is it something different again. Says ideal for bread makers so suspect it may be surebake, but I don't want to have to spoil a sachet by opening simply to see how it looks. thanks

gardie, Dec 12, 7:25am
Surebake yeast has bread improvers in it.Dry yeast sachets are pure yeast.You use 1 teaspoon of dry yeast instead of 1 tablespoon of Surebake when changing recipes.You can use the sachets in breadmakers - it goes down the yeast dispenser (if your machine has one).I find it starts working quicker than surebake - when you do bread by hand, you pop the sachet stuff onto warm water/milk to activate it before mixing in.

wron, Dec 12, 8:48am
I had a problem with Surebake and my Panasonic breadmaker and contacted Edmonds - they initially replied but then ignored repeated emails, so I changed to the other brand, Tasti and have had continuous success. The threads may still be here.

cgvl, Dec 12, 10:36pm
verrans: Like wron I use the tasti brand of breadmakers yeast. Its the same as surebake but I too find it works better in my breadmaker than Edmonds.

You can buy the satchets but I'm not sure which brand.
My Breadmaker says to use 3tsp surebake to 450 - 600g flour if thats a help with amounts.

accroul, Dec 12, 10:47pm
The dry stuff in the sachets is NOT the same as Surebake! The dry stuff in the sachets are tiny little balls of dried yeast - smaller than the dried yeast that Edmonds sells in their jars and has no improvers in it. Sure bake - as gardie says, has improvers in it.

verrans, Dec 13, 10:33am
x1
Thanks everyone, I used a tablespoon, the post to use a teaspoon wasn't here at the time, was very yeasty, and not so much to the wild birds liking either ;) I wasn't using a bread maker, but saw on the edmonds website that the sure bake one was used for bread makers, which was also written on this box, why i made the connection. I read the ingredients in all 3 products and all are different. It does has 1 other thing else besides yeast, but not the number of things that surebake does. I've emailed edmonds but had no response. Would think if they are going to describe products on their website, that they would describe them all. Thanks for the help :)

guest_01, Sep 28, 5:01am
Lose the sponsored links and tags over everything! Can't read a thing ! Why is the tag info pasted all over the actual information