Accessing recipes from tv programmes?

baalamb, Dec 10, 8:19am
x2
I dont know if I'm dumb or not, but after just watching Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Xmas programme I'm trying to search for the actual recipes. Is there a site where I can download them from, or do I have to sit throuhg the programme again on tvondemand?
tia

rosathemad, Dec 10, 8:36am
Often you can find them on the internet if they're not on the TVNZ website (and I can't see them there in this case). If you search for Gordon Ramsay and the name of the dish you want there's a good chance someone somewhere will have put the recipe up.

The trend these days is for TV chefs to provide only some of the recipes so you have to buy their cookbook if you want the others - may not be the case for this show but definitely is a pretty common structure these days. Good luck with your hunt!

lindylambchops1, Dec 10, 8:44am
Try this site of Gordon's for some recipes

http://www.gordonramsaycookbook.com/

lindylambchops1, Dec 10, 8:46am
nah don't bother with that link it is crap!sorry!

rosathemad, Dec 10, 8:51am
Sorry but I don't think that site is affiliated to Gordon at all (it doesn't have any contact or info pages, which reputable websites should always have), and I don't think it's a good resource - I couldn't find any recipes, just references to cookbooks and merchandise. Looks like an aggregator site of some kind.

rosathemad, Dec 10, 8:51am
Oops, I'm too slow! :-)

lindylambchops1, Dec 10, 8:52am
You can buy his book from the series at Fishpond (maybe try Trademe too)
http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Books/Home_Garden/Antiques_Collecting/9781844009145/?cf=3
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas $53.99

lindylambchops1, Dec 10, 8:54am
Sheesh! that is no good either it is currently unavailable!

I give up! :(LOL

baalamb, Dec 10, 8:56am
LOL! Thanks for trying thouhg lindy! (love the name btw!) Am off to watch the programme and drool again!

rosathemad, Dec 10, 8:58am
Hehe, I just gave someone else who was asking that link to his book! I guess googling is not really helping us tonight. :-)

sandra25, Dec 10, 7:58pm
I copied everything down as he made it (except for the Brussel Sprouts, yuk!). Some things he did not give quantities for eg. the cranberries in the sauce or the butter for the turkey, but I can post what I have if it would help.
I own a bookstore and I wasn't aware that his christmas book was available but I will investigate at the publishers on Monday and post results on here.

shop-a-holic, Dec 10, 8:57pm
We were the first country to see this programme last night. In the States it won't be aired until beg 14th Dec. UK is a bit longer too. I doubt that any online help will be avail until after it is aired.

baalamb, Dec 12, 9:20am
Sandra,would be great if you dont mind letting me know what you did get? We got parts of it, but I didnt get too bothered as I figured I'd be able to access it online! (Got that wrong didnt I?) Am I allowed to post my email address on here?

sandra25, Dec 13, 2:03am
There is a book coming - NZRRP $39.99. Publisher says it should/could be here for christmas.

Petal1955 posted this link on another thread -
http://tvnz.co.nz/gordon-ramsays-ultimate-christmas/s1-e1-vi
deo-3961439

Can post recipes I wrote out when I get home tonight.

helenfm_(guest), Dec 10, 9:09pm
That would be great, Sandra. I got parts of it too