Cracker recipe... has anyone got a good

Page 1 / 2
babytears, Dec 13, 9:14am
morish recipe they'd like to share.... ?

2boysmum, Dec 13, 9:16am
Well... I just made a rocky road which was nice.Just melted some chocolate melts and added a good tablespoon of kremelta.poured that over rice bubbles, chopped dried apricots, lil marshmellows, cherries etc then added hundreds and thousands on top.Is nice!

rainrain1, Dec 13, 7:12pm
Salada crackes 1/2 pkt
250g butter
1 cup brown sugar
350g choc chips
Line a sponge roll tin with baking paper and place a single layer of salada crackers in bottom of tin.
In a saucepan, heat butter and sugar and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers.Bake at 180 C for 10-15 minutes.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers as soon as pan comes out of the oven.Allow to stand for a few minutes and then spread chocolate evenly with spatula over the pan.Let cool and harden.Break into pieces (like peanut brittle)Then watch out if you are minding your figure because it is yum!!

rainrain1, Dec 13, 7:13pm
That of course should read Salada Crackers.....

indy95, Dec 13, 9:55pm
Babytears, do you want a recipe for savoury crackers ?

2boysmum, Dec 13, 10:49pm
LMAO!I posted late last night... and I thought (in my tired state!) that you meant 'cracker' as in awesome..lol

motorbo, Dec 13, 10:51pm
sophie gray has a recipe go to her website it should be there

babytears, Dec 14, 1:36am
Thanks everyone & 2boysmum sounds good! But yes I was looking for a 'savoury cracker recipe'... thanks

pam.delilah, Dec 14, 2:01am
Savoury Crackers:
The crackers taste best several hours after baking as the flavour develops
Put the metal chopping blade in the food processor bowl.
2cups flour,
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder,
1 tsp salt,
50gms very cold butter chopped into small cubes.
Add 1 or more of the optional ingredients listed below if you want.
Whizz together, then add about 1/2 a cup of cold water in a thin stream through the spout, stopping when the dough particles will only just stick together to form a ball.
Roll out very thinly on a lightly floured surface, then cut into squares or rectangles, or other shapes using biscuit cutters.
Pile dough scraps together, roll out and cut more shapes until the dough is used.
Bake at 190°C for 10-15 minutes until they are a pale golden colour.
Leave to cool, and store in an airtight tin.
Optional ingredients:
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds.
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
1 tablespoon poppy seeds.

Other variations can include your choice of oneor more of the following:
1/2 to 1 tsp curry powder or 1-2 tsps chicken or other stock powder - leave out salt if using stock powder.
1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds.
1/4 cup ground almonds.
Add 1 to 3 tsp of your favourite pesto.
Add 1-2 tsps or to taste of chopped fresh or dried herbs - basil, parsley, mint, thyme, lemon thyme, sage, etc..
use some wholemeal or wholegrain flour instead of 1/2 a cup or more of the white flour.
Add some wheatgerm, or cornmeal, etc.. too.. increasing the baking powder by 1/2 tsp for each 3/4 cup of grains, etc..
change 1/2 cup white flour to 1/2 cup wholemeal flour, and add 1/2 tsp extra baking powder plus 1/4 cup fine or medium ground cornmeal, 1/4 cup sesame or sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup wheatgerm & a little extra salt to taste if needed.

pam.delilah, Dec 14, 2:02am
Savoury Crackers
Ideal for chutneys
Savoury Crackers for chutneys
• 2 cups flour
• ½ teaspoon white pepper
• 250g soft butter, diced
• 250g grated cheddar cheese
• 1 teaspoon sesame or linseeds

Preheat oven to 200ºC.
Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray
Place flour and pepper in a food processor and pulse in butter to form a dough.
Add cheese and pulse to mix.
Turn out onto a lightly floured board and roll to 1½ cm thickness.Cut into shapes with heart, flower and star cutters.
Place on the baking paper sprinkle with seeds and cook for about 12-15 minutes until golden and cooked.
Makes about 16
Serve with your favourite chutneys or relish

babytears, Dec 15, 4:07am
THANKS SO MUCH!!! mmmmmmmmmm look good!!!

rainrain1, Dec 15, 4:37am
But you must try my sweet treat with the Salada crackers as it is Gob Stoppingly Good daaaahlings, but please don't tell anyone in the Campaign Against Devine thread, that I have said that

darlingmole, Dec 15, 5:06am
haha!rainrain ~ yes I hope there aren't "food police" in here!

courtney2004, Dec 15, 5:37am
What different thing could I do as a sort of simple dinner for two people? I tin of tuna would need to be involved don't really feel like cooking but I was wondering about a stuff potato I don't know! HELP!!!!

rainrain1, Dec 15, 5:53am
Don't you dare open a can of anything...naughty naughty!!

babytears, Dec 9, 5:47am
Ahahahahaha. well I started this thread nearly 2 years ago. thanks Uli!

I must make more!

uli, Dec 10, 2:14am
And of course - you need to give us MORE recipes too :)

buzzy110, Dec 10, 2:29am
I have been experimenting with spent sourdough crackers and they are a total hit. Ordinary spent bread dough would work almost as well.

I just make up a batch of my normal bread sour dough, halve it, work in sesame seeds in one half and cumin in the other half, prove it, turn them out of their proofing bowls,press out, shape into balls and leave to rest for 30mins (just like making bread).Then I press them out again, form back into balls and put it back into their proofing bowls, cover and leave in the fridge for up to 4 days. When I'm ready I flatten out, cut with a cutter and cook for 10mins at 220dC. Some I press coarse salt into the tops as well.

I have given them to people who didn't know how I made them and they have all raved, without prompting from me, about their lovely sour taste.

babytears, Dec 10, 6:44am
hehehe... i started this thread nearly a year ago... have decided again to make some more crackers... and voila this popped up!

gardie, Dec 10, 9:01pm
Once chocolate is spread, sprinkle over sliced almonds.Even yummer!

babytears, Dec 13, 9:14am
morish recipe they'd like to share. !

2boysmum, Dec 13, 9:16am
Well. I just made a rocky road which was nice.Just melted some chocolate melts and added a good tablespoon of kremelta.poured that over rice bubbles, chopped dried apricots, lil marshmellows, cherries etc then added hundreds and thousands on top.Is nice!

rainrain1, Dec 13, 7:12pm
Salada crackes 1/2 pkt
250g butter
1 cup brown sugar
350g choc chips
Line a sponge roll tin with baking paper and place a single layer of salada crackers in bottom of tin.
In a saucepan, heat butter and sugar and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers.Bake at 180 C for 10-15 minutes.
Sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers as soon as pan comes out of the oven.Allow to stand for a few minutes and then spread chocolate evenly with spatula over the pan.Let cool and harden.Break into pieces (like peanut brittle)Then watch out if you are minding your figure because it is yum!

rainrain1, Dec 13, 7:13pm
That of course should read Salada Crackers.

indy95, Dec 13, 9:55pm
Babytears, do you want a recipe for savoury crackers !