Lunch time food ideas - for when at home

courtney2004, Nov 24, 10:30pm
I am wondering what others have when they are at home for lunch! we don't have reheats here as we don't do it that way! normally like to keep oven off when possible but have a grilling machine and everything else possible! what do you have? - trying to get a few ideas as everyone is a little tired of the normal things around here!

vintagekitty, Nov 24, 11:06pm
I have leftovers, or make a salad or a sandwich, pretty boring really

davidt4, Nov 24, 11:11pm
Hard boiled eggs with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil

Spinach or mushroom omelette

Salad of tomato, bocconcini, basil and extra virgin olive oil

Free range pork sausages

Bacon and eggs

Left over meatballs

Left over roasted chicken or grilled lamb chops

amiri1, Nov 24, 11:37pm
Medium rare steak with a mushroom cream sauce and lightly boiled asparagus is what I've been having at least twice a week lately, yum!
Cheese sandwiches (2 slices of cheese spread with cream cheese and chicken and lettuce).
Salads with lettuce, tomato, sprouts, eggs, cheese, cream cheese, grated carrot, chicken or some other meat in them.
Strawberries and cream, couple of chicken drumsticks,or sometimes nothing if I've eaten breakfast!

My brother on the other hand just polished of 5 toasted cheese sandwiches (sigh, he's got 4 days off before his new job starts and he eats like a football team!) and it would've been 6 if my mother (visiting) hadn't jumped in and grabbed one! :)

asue, Nov 25, 10:02am
Eggs on toast. toasted cheese sandwich, banana sandwich. Salad with tuna or whatever I can find. Boring really day in day out.

elliehen, Nov 25, 10:40am
Nothing wrong with leftovers, salads or sandwiches and especially nothing wrong with boring...

I think if you're not thinking about food all day long you're less likely to put on the excess kilos.

greerg, Nov 25, 7:28pm
Poached egg on rye toast that has been spread with basil pesto and slice raw tomato, big salad with everything i can find, home-made soup frozen in single servings in winter. Pretty much the same day in and day out.I tend to put the mental effort into dinner and eat very routinely at breakfast and almost as routinely at lunch.

elliehen, Nov 25, 8:29pm
This is exactly the way it works for me too.

cottagerose, Nov 26, 7:26am
corn fritters for us or toasted sandwiches

buzzy110, Nov 26, 8:03am
I think that is pretty much what most people do when at home.

Sometimes I also do stir fried vegetables if I have cold rare, roasted meat or leftover steak and have not used up all the stock that gets made during the cooking process.

vintagekitty, Nov 26, 8:34am
I was just thinking about this!, I go through stages of what I like at the time. A month ago it was passionfruit curd on toasted vogels, then I was having cheese and tomato on crispbread, now its smoothies, with berries,banana yoghurt and milk. I have the same thing for weeks on end.

As its getting warmer, I eat mainly fruit and salad. I dont usually cook anything. I boil a few eggs at a time and have them cold with masses of salt and pepper.

xtownie, Nov 26, 8:42am
Ham, cheese, onion, relish or pesto in a wrap and toasted. Panini, savory pinwheel filled with cheese and spagetti

frances1266, Nov 26, 8:15pm
Hummus is good for lunch.You can make lots of different recipes.
Have with crackers or vegetables.Always yum.

tipsy_bl0nde, Sep 8, 6:45am
feta basil and spinach hummus with pickled onion and cheese on a cracker yummmmy my favorite at the moment