Christmas muffin recipe please

Page 1 / 2
furrball, Nov 5, 9:44pm
now i'm not the best baker in the world but i thought i could make these this year for hubby's work do. i did think of using a cake recipe but i don't want it to be to heavy. i want to be able to use fruit mince or mixed fruit and mixed spices.

all ideas welcome.

pam.delilah, Nov 5, 10:03pm
CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES RECIPES
110 gm (1 cup) self raising flour
110 gm (1/2 cup )butter
110 gm (1/2 cup )sugar
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons of milk or sherry
55gm(1/4 cup) sweet mincemeat

Pre heat oven 190C

beat the sugar and butter/margarine together until the mixture is turn pale and fluffy.
Break one egg and add it to the mixture, beat it in until it has blended with the mixture. Repeat with the second egg. Add the milk or sherry and blend.
Use a sieve to add the flour to the mixture as this will add extra air to the mixture. Gently fold in the flour or mix in slowly with an electric mixer. The mixture should be a nice type of dropping consistency.
Using a spoon divide the mixture into the paper cases and just half fill the cases, filling about 12 paper cases. Using a teaspoon place a teaspoon of mince meat in the centre of each cupcake. Then with the remaining mixture-batter cover the mincemeat so it is trapped in the centre.
Place the tray of cupcakes on a shelf in the centre. They will take 12 to 18 minutes. When the cakes are firm and springy to the touch and they look well risen and golden they will be cooked.
Remove from the oven and place on the wire try to cool. Cover with a dusting of icing sugar. They are good eaten warm.

They look festive if baked in christmas or silver or gold cupcake papers

245sam, Nov 5, 10:06pm
Alison Holst's CHRISTMAS MINCEMEAT MUFFINS
1&3/4 cups selfraisingflour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup each ofsour cream andmilk
1/2 tsp rum, whisky or brandy essence
1/2 cup Christmas (fruit) mincemeat

Measure the first three ingredients into a large bowl.
In another bowl mix together with a whisk, until smooth, the eggs, sour cream, milk and essence of your choice.
Without overmixing add the liquids to the dry ingredients.
Coat 12 medium sized muffin pans with non-stick spray and half fill the 12 pans with the mixture. Using a dampened teaspoon, make a small indentation on the top of each, and into it put 1-2 teaspoons of the mincemeat.
Cover each with a spoonful of the remaining mixture trying to cover the "enclosed" mincemeat.
Bake at 200°C for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. The centres should spring back when pressed.:-))

furrball, Nov 5, 10:09pm
thank you so much. i will copy that now.

pam.delilah, Nov 5, 10:10pm
x1
or

Christmas Muffins
1 cup yoghurt (plain or fruit is fine)
1 cup milk
100 grams butter, melted
70 gram packet whole almonds
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each baking soda and salt
2 tsp mixed spice
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup Christmas fruit mince
2eggs, beaten

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, mixed spice and caster sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
In a jug blend together the fruit mince, eggs, yoghurt and milk and blend into the dry ingredients folding in the melted butter as you go. Do not over mix.
Divide evenly between 12 well-greased muffin tins and top each with 2-3 whole almonds.
Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 18-20 minutes until well risen, golden and cooked

furrball, Nov 5, 10:18pm
can i omitt the almonds out of that second one pam? one of the workers has a nut allergy. i normally make him something different minus the nuts so he doesn't miss out. it makes his day. i make him a special plate of goodies.

245sam, Nov 5, 10:39pm
furrball, here's a nutless muffin recipe.....

CHRISTMAS MUFFINS
2½ cups plain flour
1½ tsp each ofbaking powder,baking sodaandcinnamon
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp raw sugar
1¼ cups milk
¼ cup canola oil
1 egg
1 cup fruit mince

Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix well.
Mix the liquid ingredients in another bowl, then pour the liquids into the dry mixture.Add the fruit mince and mix until just combined.Spoon into a muffin tray.
Bake at200°Cfor20 minutes.:-))

furrball, Nov 5, 10:58pm
thank you. i try to cater for everyone where i can.

susan21, Nov 5, 11:47pm
Heres my Christmas Muffin.

FRUITY SPICED CHRISTMAS MUFFIN

2 cups self rising flour
1 and a half - 2 cups cups mixed fruit
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tblsp mixed spice
1 Tblsp cinnamon
half tsp ground cloves
1 lge egg
1 and a quarter cups milk
75g melted butter

Melt butter then beat in egg and milk. Mix in everything else. DO NOT OVERMIX.Spoon into 14 muffin holes or papers.
Bake 210 cfor 12-15 mins.
Can serve with baileys spiked cream, or just plain butter.... enjoy.

furrball, Nov 5, 11:50pm
susan21 i feel i must take a deep breath in while reading your recipe. thank you.

pam.delilah, Nov 6, 1:06am
yes you can.

furrball, Nov 6, 1:33am
thank you. i better get writing this shopping list. i want to taste test them all.

rog.e, Nov 6, 1:40am
Hi furrball. Remember that muffins freeze well so you really don't need to eat them all at once if you not want to. Good for work and schoollunches to be able to just take a couple out of the freezer beg.. V

lisa7, Nov 6, 7:32am
Fruit Mincemeat Muffins: I make these and they turn out fab.

When making muffins you need to work quickly. Ensure you have all ingredients and your muffin pan ready before you start. Take great care not to overmix.

Ingredients:
1 cup wholemeal flour
3/4 cup flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of oil
1 egg
3/4 cup of fruit mincemeat - drained

Putting it together:
Stir all the dry ingredients together.
Combine the liquid ingredients and the fruit mincemeat and add all at once.
Stir only until the ingredients are mixed.
Bake at 200c for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

lisa7, Nov 6, 7:35am
Ice with Brandy Butter Icing.

INGREDIENTS
100g Butter
50g Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon Brandy or Brandy essense.

METHOD
Work the butter and sugar to a cream, then add the brandy and mix well.

calista, Nov 6, 9:36am
I don't know who first posted this recipe - (sorry now I ensure I record names too), but I;ve made it several times and it has gone down well.

Rum and Raisin muffins
1 1/2 cups raisins cut in half, Stir through 3 tablespoons rum and soak overnight or longer.

Cover with water and boil for 10 minutes.Reserve the liquid and leave it to cool.Cream 75 g butter with 1/2 cup sugar, and then add one beaten egg, then 1/2 cup raisin liquid. Next add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking SODA, 1 tsp cinnamon,1/2 tsp nutmeg then lastly the raisins. Bake in mini muffin tins at 165 c for 15 minutes. Makes 44 to 48 mini cakes Great for a Christmas (or any other) "Coffee mornings”.

furrball, Nov 7, 3:59am
my lord i forgot about my thread. naughty me. i thought i could make the first test runs and if we like them and freeze them for us over the holiday break.

i was thinking of soaking the mixed fruit or raisins if need be.

valentino, Nov 24, 2:51am
Worthy of a bump...?

furrball, Nov 5, 9:44pm
now i'm not the best baker in the world but i thought i could make these this year for hubby's work do. i did think of using a cake recipe but i don't want it to be to heavy. i want to be able to use fruit mince or mixed fruit and mixed spices.

all ideas welcome.

245sam, Nov 5, 10:06pm
Alison Holst's CHRISTMAS MINCEMEAT MUFFINS
1&3/4 cups selfraisingflour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup each ofsour cream andmilk
1/2 tsp rum, whisky or brandy essence
1/2 cup Christmas (fruit) mincemeat

Measure the first three ingredients into a large bowl.
In another bowl mix together with a whisk, until smooth, the eggs, sour cream, milk and essence of your choice.
Without overmixing add the liquids to the dry ingredients.
Coat 12 medium sized muffin pans with non-stick spray and half fill the 12 pans with the mixture. Using a dampened teaspoon, make a small indentation on the top of each, and into it put 1-2 teaspoons of the mincemeat.
Cover each with a spoonful of the remaining mixture trying to cover the "enclosed" mincemeat.
Bake at 200°C for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. The centres should spring back when pressed.:-))

furrball, Nov 5, 10:18pm
can i omitt the almonds out of that second one pam! one of the workers has a nut allergy. i normally make him something different minus the nuts so he doesn't miss out. it makes his day. i make him a special plate of goodies.

245sam, Nov 5, 10:39pm
furrball, here's a nutless muffin recipe.

CHRISTMAS MUFFINS
2½ cups plain flour
1½ tsp each ofbaking powder,baking sodaandcinnamon
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp raw sugar
1¼ cups milk
¼ cup canola oil
1 egg
1 cup fruit mince

Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix well.
Mix the liquid ingredients in another bowl, then pour the liquids into the dry mixture.Add the fruit mince and mix until just combined.Spoon into a muffin tray.
Bake at200°Cfor20 minutes.:-))

susan21, Nov 5, 11:47pm
Heres my Christmas Muffin.

FRUITY SPICED CHRISTMAS MUFFIN

2 cups self rising flour
1 and a half - 2 cups cups mixed fruit
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tblsp mixed spice
1 Tblsp cinnamon
half tsp ground cloves
1 lge egg
1 and a quarter cups milk
75g melted butter

Melt butter then beat in egg and milk. Mix in everything else. DO NOT OVERMIX.Spoon into 14 muffin holes or papers.
Bake 210 cfor 12-15 mins.
Can serve with baileys spiked cream, or just plain butter. enjoy.

rog.e, Nov 6, 1:40am
Hi furrball. Remember that muffins freeze well so you really don't need to eat them all at once if you not want to. Good for work and schoollunches to be able to just take a couple out of the freezer beg. V

calista, Nov 6, 9:36am
I don't know who first posted this recipe - (sorry now I ensure I record names too), but I;ve made it several times and it has gone down well.

Rum and Raisin muffins
1 1/2 cups raisins cut in half, Stir through 3 tablespoons rum and soak overnight or longer.

Cover with water and boil for 10 minutes.Reserve the liquid and leave it to cool.Cream 75 g butter with 1/2 cup sugar, and then add one beaten egg, then 1/2 cup raisin liquid. Next add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking SODA, 1 tsp cinnamon,1/2 tsp nutmeg then lastly the raisins. Bake in mini muffin tins at 165 c for 15 minutes. Makes 44 to 48 mini cakes Great for a Christmas (or any other) "Coffee mornings”.