Lunch box ideas - GF nine year old

jacq, Feb 28, 8:40am
Like lots of people, she cannot eat GF bread sandwiches (can only eat it toasted).

I need ideas for interesting and filling school lunches.

Thanks in advance

auntlb, Feb 28, 8:53am
What about GF tortilla style wraps with her fav fillings, GF pasta salad, rice crackers + dip, fruit kebabs, GF pikelets, . .

russdamuss, Feb 28, 11:01pm
i have a 5 year old coeliac, and she takes a lot of pizza style food to lunch - toast the bread or get GF pizza bases and put on salami, tomato, cheese, herbs etc and melt in oven, wrap up and pop in lunch box. we also do lots of crackers - the Fantastic ones in BBQ flav are a hit - and pop in a bit of dip and carrots and celery - or some cheese. I make GF corn muffins, lots of fruit, yoghurt, popcorn, cheery tomatoes, salami sticks. i always bake something to add in too - and pancakes can be made into savoury wraps - just fill with salad and some mayo

cookessentials, Feb 28, 11:20pm
The Australian Women's Weekly does a great gluten free book which has lunch box ideas as well as party book, savouries, sweets and desserts etc

angie461, Mar 1, 5:37am
I make wraps out of omelette, just a thin one and wrap the filling inside. I also make a toastie with grated potato (water squeezed out) grated cheese salt and pepper and any other filling i. e corn, grated courgette add an egg and tb of gf flour mix and cook in toastie machine. Fruit and yoghurt, Corn thins are nice with lots of toppings.

gaspodetwd, Mar 1, 5:51am
Corn cruskits plus various things - nut butters, mushroom pate, smoked salmon pate, fruit spreads. Sushi - smoked salmon, teriyaki chicken (we use San J as its GF). Rice salad. Savoury muffins. Frittata(if you can have potatoes). Gf quiche works well if you can have dairy. And so does GF pie - with roasted veges or tuna sweetcorn - We use Orgran - treat it like playdough and don't bother rolling! Cold chicken nuggets (make your own and coat in orgran corn cripy bits! ) Always a hit.

jmonster, Mar 1, 5:52am
That is such a cool idea- using an omelet as a wrap

jamjars05, Sep 18, 4:50pm
have you tried basco bread mix, it tastes like real bread nice and springy, good for 2-3 days then great for toast.
my lovely wife makes great lunchtreats. best ones so far are GF sausage meat moulded into pattie tins to make a meat cups and filled with cheese egg bacon mix and baked... yummmmm