Where Can I find....(book of sorts lol)

madj, Nov 15, 7:58am
I am after a book/binder or something I can add my own recipes, that is already sectioned. Don't know if they exist or what they would be called. I have tried searching this forum and looked under cook books but can't seem to find a thing. Would rather find one ready made than create one myself (time constraints). If I can find 1 then maybe could get 2 to make one up for my boy who is off to uni next year. Hope you know what I mean, thanks :)

bisloy, Nov 15, 8:00am
Clearleaf files, name the partitions yourself and photocopy or print out the recipies you want him to have! In this way he/you can add more, in any section, at any time.

elliehen, Nov 15, 8:30am
This will survive the splotches and splashes of a student flat kitchen.

Ask for favourite recipes from grandparents, aunts and uncles etc too.

madj, Nov 15, 8:39am
Yes very very true lol, and might be a bad idea really to go with clearfile etc...was just being a wee tad lazy lol... I have a feeling he will miss home cooking lol

bisloy, Nov 15, 8:51am
They all do, but I'm sure he will enjoy trying your 'tried-and-true' and adding his own little twists. You could supply the gear and get him to put in the recipies he wants - saves you a job!!

charlieb2, Nov 15, 8:54am
You use to be able to buy them from places like Whitcoulls... recipe books already to be written up with coloured sections so you could create your own 'chapters' Try a bookseller.... usually with Diaries etc

madj, Nov 15, 9:29am
Attempting to remove disturbing image of him destroying tried and true recipes lol crikey I remember making mince and adding macaroni or rice to make it go a lot further (shudders) luckily he is partial to stir fries so shouldn't be too hard to put much together lol Thanks heaps all, and i must say how useful this part of the messageboard is.

greerg, Nov 15, 7:06pm
Have you thought of using cards and a file box.Mine are all on 10cm by 15 cm cards & I print them on the computer so they can easily be replaced when one gets dirty. I have done subsets for each of the children as they have gone off to University, and subsequently extra copies for flatmates that have moved on.I just keep untried recipes from magazines etc. in a clear file and type them up if I try and like them.

kiwibubbles, Nov 15, 7:28pm
I just got one of those recently from Kikki K

kiwibubbles, Aug 7, 6:04pm
ooh i see you're in Wellington - perfect. Kikki K in Queensgate sell them but they're $45 or $55 so quite expensive. Its really just a ring binder thats been subdivided.