Xmas baking

alebix, Nov 14, 7:59am
Hi there,

What are you planning on making/baking for xmas gifts.

So far im going to make tim tam truffles... not sure what else.

nik12, Nov 14, 8:25am
I make timtam, mint slice, traditional sultana, glaced cherry and fruit and nut choc, mango, and marshmello truffles. Fudge slice, apricot fudge, belguim biscuits and what I call jaffa biscuits (they are meant to be orange yo-yo's but I put the icing on top and dip in chocolate.Some (older) people I make a gingerbread loaf thingy for.Always on the look out for more ideas.I have a feeling there's another old thread on here I've been going to go back and have a search for, for new ideas for this year.
Most of my christmas presents are a container of baking.
Edit to say.. I dip the timtam truffles in milk choc and the mint slice in dark.The sultana ones some are choc dipped, some chopped nuts.

lizab, Nov 14, 9:18am
... drools at all the above ... yum yum yum!!!!!!!

lizab, Nov 14, 8:22pm
kob ... you are a legend in your kitchen - that platter looks gorgeous!!!!

alebix, Nov 14, 7:59am
Hi there,

What are you planning on making/baking for xmas gifts.

So far im going to make tim tam truffles. not sure what else.

nik12, Nov 14, 8:25am
I make timtam, mint slice, traditional sultana, glaced cherry and fruit and nut choc, mango, and marshmello truffles. Fudge slice, apricot fudge, belguim biscuits and what I call jaffa biscuits (they are meant to be orange yo-yo's but I put the icing on top and dip in chocolate.Some (older) people I make a gingerbread loaf thingy for.Always on the look out for more ideas.I have a feeling there's another old thread on here I've been going to go back and have a search for, for new ideas for this year.
Most of my christmas presents are a container of baking.
Edit to say. I dip the timtam truffles in milk choc and the mint slice in dark.The sultana ones some are choc dipped, some chopped nuts.

lizab, Nov 14, 9:18am
. drools at all the above . yum yum yum!

gardie, Nov 14, 5:13pm
(Bumped form last year)I missed the pic last year kob - can you add it again please.Someone earlier was asking for gift ideas - nik has a great list here.

nik12, Nov 14, 5:45pm
yes please, love to see that photo. can't get it to work.
Lol, I started reading this thread and though, gosh that person makes all the same things as me. then realised it was me he he. too early start this morning with the call to go and milk.
I also made bumble bee truffles this last year, some lovely person on here had the recipie so do a search.Ricebubbles and dates in a toffee/caramel sort of base, so good!

lizab, Nov 14, 8:22pm
kob . you are a legend in your kitchen - that platter looks gorgeous!