Help, Muffins

jord37, Oct 12, 6:33am
My muffins always stick to my muffin trays or paper cases.I have tried oiling the trays and leaving them unoiled, any ideas please.

greerg, Oct 12, 7:15am
Have you used the spray-on oil?I find it much better than brushing on ordinary oil.

jord37, Oct 12, 7:44am
Thanks ,will give that a try.

pam.delilah, Oct 12, 7:53am
are you taking them out of the tins too soon? Leave them until they have cooled down

issymae, Oct 12, 8:56am
Get some silicone muffin trays, just tip out,realy good

lynja, Oct 12, 6:29pm
the spray can last for ages too. i find chocolate chip muffins stick where the chocolate is directly in contact with the tin. i have started using paper cases recently, makes for no cleaning of the pans after too, always a bonus

pickles7, Oct 13, 3:30am
tin glide
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.
Paint onto your tins with a paint brush.

Quotepickles7 (460 )12:07 am, Mon 22 Mar #20

lilyfield, Oct 13, 3:47am
tin glide

jord37, Oct 13, 7:51am
Thanks so much for the help.

magenta, Oct 13, 7:53am
Alison Holst tip which I find successful is to cover the hot muffins with a clean tea towel for 5 mins after removing from oven.She also suggests twisting not pulling the muffins to remove. I grease my tins as well and use a bamboo skewer or toothpick to run around the edges of ones that stick. This means you do not scratch the non stick surface.

alebix, May 27, 3:57pm
I wait till the muffins are cold then remove them or use the paper cases.
I fidn themuffins stick alot to the inside of the paper cases if I try to eat one and its still a bit warm.